Monday, March 23, 2009

Excitement

excitement: the feeling of lively and cheerful joy

Yesterday was a day of excitement. CUPC is in a state of revival. Like every other Pentecostal church we have had our times of not being in this state. Revival is exciting. Planned and spontaneous outreach is occuring. Visitors are coming. Our services are full of excitement. We have a very dynamic music department that helps usher in the presence of the Lord. Each Sunday afternoon our outreach department feeds visitors and the neighborhood. Yesterday Kent and I had the priviledge of taking someone special home from church. As we pulled thru the northside of the parking lot the grill was fired up and porkchops were being removed. The tables were filled with people and some were standing, exciting! Last night we baptized again, exciting! One of the dear men in our church is struggling with cancer. He stood at the altar almost the entire service. He had to have men to help hold him up but he just wanted to stand and worship, exciting! This created more worship. Noone wanted a sick and without a miracle dying man to out worship them. Lafe, you have been a blessing and have brought excitement to our churh.

Trent preached in Kingsville this weekend. He called to tell me that he preached for 30 minutes and didn't have to read his notes. He said it was the best he's ever done. Exciting! Late last evening Trent called and asked if they could come over. They had checked their mail when they got home and received the taxes back from the CPA. Trent said they needed help to make sure they were reading the return correctly. Before each of them had filed a 1040EZ. This year with ministry wages everything changed. Of course they had read their return correctly and are getting a very sizeable return. Excitement filled the room! We bought Calah a nice surprise in Branson. When we gave it to her she was excited. Whew...we did good!

This week is our district ladies conference. Excitement is definitely in the air! I KNOW our ladies will come home even more excited. Often I have a few that may be burdened, disgruntled, or you know just carrying the funk of a lady but this year that isn't the case. Oh, we definitely have some needs that will be among the group but we are taking with us a spirit of excitement. It should be the best, most exciting trip ever. EXCITING!

There are a few more EXCITING things going on that I can't blog.....I love EXCITEMENT! Every day this week will be exciting! Oh I'm sure I'll face a challenge or two along the way but I woke up with a feeling of EXCITMENT!

My sis-n-law, Pam, posted a picture taken several years of go of Mom and me. We were excited. I'm not like Kent who finds pictures to go with my writings but this picture did come to mind. Thanks, Pam, for it!

4 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Your excitement is contagious! I love the excitements in life. What joy they bring, and give us courage to face life's negatives straight on. BTW: Love the picture too. You both seem so happy - that's what a mother/daughter relationship should be - happiness.

Carrie said...

This is an awesome pic! You are soooo cheesin'! I too am excited about revival. I love ya!!!!

Deadra's Dialogue said...

EXCITING!!!! I too am excited about revival. I am excited about Ladies Conference and I am sooooo excited about my prize too!!! lol
I love your guts (like you would say) lol

iluv2prshim said...

How Exciting. :)
Love the pic of you and your mom. :)