Friday, March 20, 2009

Good Things End....

Not all good things end but Spring Break must end. Today is our last day. We've had a wonderful time. The weather was beautiful mid 70 degree sunshiney the first couple of days. Yesterday and today we've enjoyed sunny cooler temperatures. It's like God just smiled on us the whole trip with a perfect blend of weather.

Kent and I are patiently waiting at the condo activity center while Miss Redonia tans. Yes, I know Mom that she shouldn't.....no need to even comment. Just like I shouldn't have worn those platform clogs, etc in 7th grade and beyond for fear of it ruining my legs. Yep! They are ruined but hey a girls gotta look good! ha Just like I should not have laid out on the beach and baked my jr high years and beyond. I know she would much prefer having the beautiful beaches of Dauphine Island like we enjoyed than laying in a boring tanning bed. Yep...this morning even I put on a clinique product that helps to fade sun spots! lol In our younger years we tan in our later years we deal with the effects of the sun! Girls!!!

Speaking of girls, today we are going to enjoy a girls day! We're pretty spoiled. Redonia wants apedicure and manicure. I will enjoy a chair or foot massage while she's being pampered. I think Kent's going to clean up the car for the trip home. Later in the afternoon we will enjoy a music show by an acapella group. Tonight is going to be a highlight show -- Noah! We can't wait.

Of course our days are filled with FOOD...snacks...candies...frozen custards...funnel cakes...fudge...peanut clusters...popcorn....whatever we see and feel like at the moment. I told Kent that when I get home I will have to make a few trips to the YMCA with him.

We have to leave Branson @ 8:30 am tomorrow. Now that's a little too early for me. I'm an early riser but have forced myself to sleep in this week. I wake up around 6:00 then just stare at the ceiling until I go back to sleep! We have a stopover tomorrow afternoon. We'll return to Conroe late tomorrow night.

Speaking of Conroe we sure are missing CUPC. We can hardly wait for church Sunday. I KNOW that we will have great services. We have enjoyed many baptisms and outpourings of the Spirit of late. It's exciting to be a part of a growing church...that's one thing that I hope never ends!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, I remember all those summers of you, Vicki,and whatever cousins were there from Bessemer going with Pam and Marcia Hamilton to Dauphin Island and then coming home BAKED - Lobster RED......and me not having much sympathy on you all while you laid around half dressed thinking you were dieing trying to get relief. Now I did give yall tylenol and water to try to help the burn.... You could always get your dad to feel sorry for yall but not your mean ole momma...HA Remember I came up in a generation that it was almost a sin to go swimming even in a private place and my mother wouldn't let me in the water/pool until I learned to swim, now figure that one out, needless to say I still can't swim and sure don't lay out and tan. And yes those clonker platform heels that you and Vicki both wore to Jr. High school it's a wonder you can still walk around in dress spike heels.
I am glad yall have had a good time even though I still had to work at CUPC office on Monday and Thursday to make sure all the finances were taken care of, but that's okay I have been to Branson two times in the last year both times all expense paid for us (thanks to a son-in-law and a preacher friend)and Pigeon Forge 3 times (and one of those paid for) but remember your dear ole mom and popsie are retired so that's what we enjoy doing now. I miss yall, the house next door is quiet and no one coming over robbing my pantry.....LOL By the way Popsie preached to us Wednesday night, if you would have been there you would have been HIT......I had to say that. Seriously we had good church and surprisingly a good crowd for so many people to be out of town.......Hurry Home...
love,
Mom

Misti Ferguson said...

We've missed ya'll, too, but I'm glad you had a good time and got some rest. We enjoyed our Spring Break, too, but we sure are glad to be home!