Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Amazing Spring Break. . .

No we don't have school aged children but we still are enjoying Spring Break. Monday we left Conroe around 9 am. We rode about 1.5 hours and stopped. Yes we bought a few snacks despite the fact that I had packed snacks. Then we drove about another 1.5 hours and stopped again. This time it was at a chocolate factory. I enjoyed a slice of yummy Italian Cream Cake and Redonia enjoyed fudge. We rode a little bit further and stopped again. This time Redonia bought crocheted hats, a charger for her laptop and earphones. Yes we have all of that at home it just didn't make the trip. We drove a little bit further and pulled off of the freeway to play spy. Well not really but Redonia wanted to check out a particular rural community. Then we drove a little bit further and stopped in Benton Arkansas and enjoyed dinner. Finally, we were in a more determined sense to get to Branson. We did stop a time or two but they were quick stops. A stop for Root Beer Floats, and a stop for candy and potty time. Part of a vacation for us is the trip to the destination.

We finally made it Monday around 8 pm to the condo. Uggghhhh Redonia is frustrated there isn't wireless in the condo. She did manage to get her own one bedroom efficiency and loves it. Kent and I decided to drive around a little bit but Redonia opted to stay at the condo. Thankfully, we have wireless at the activity center. Redonia's able to tan which is an important part of life to her. We have scheduled lots of shows. Last night we enjoyed the Presleys. We missed our comedian Trent and giggle box, Calah. Today we are going to the Comedy Jamboree. Tonight we are going to the Acrobats. Tomorrow we will enjoy Kirby Vanburch. Then tomorrow night we are going to a variety dinner show. Friday afternoon we are going to hear the group Six. They are an acapella group and have comedy apart of their show, too. Friday night we are going to see Noah. I have heard it's a spectacular show.

We are about to head to Krispy Kreme! Yummmm...after our matinee we will eat lunch/dinner. We've shopped a little bit. Shopping here isn't as good as we have at home. I could have bought some really pretty Coach purses for around $100. I KNOW Calah will be disappointed that I didn't. I couldn't decide which one she would like. Redonia bought a really cute outfit including the purse and shoes. She's not a big shopper. Once she spent her shopping money she sat in the car and read a book while her dad and I shopped. She's a big reader and has read four books since we left Conroe. I did buy all the little nieces and nephews cute tshirts from Children's Place. I love all my babies! Trent, Calah, Micah, Chelsea, Lauren & Timo will have to do without.

On the way home we have been invited to stop for a steak cookout with some people we don't even know....yikes! It could be interesting. We have something in common....They pastor a church and we pastor. They have grown children and we have grown children. In fact the grown children is why we are stopping.....I do have a cousin, Cathy, who attends their church. I heard Cathy will be there. She's a lot of fun and will help us all get adjusted I'm sure. Depending on how 'things' go I may post more about this stopover later. Until now........wait and see!

Ok....let me get Redonia and Kent off their laptops so we can be off to another fun day together....

OH MY GOODNESS let me tell you what Kent and Redonia did yesterday...they did the bungee swing. It takes you backwards up a cable 100 ft ....then the guy says 3, 2, 1 fly....Redonia pulled the rip cord and away they flew.....Kent was so hillarious. I kissed him bye before he took the grand adventure. I was so afraid he would have a heart attack. He isn't one for adventure but he does have a Daddy's girl whom he has enjoyed spending time with this trip. He sure wasn't going to let her down. I'll try to post pics later of the 'flight'.

4 comments:

Katrina Holmes (Tina) said...

Your spring break sounds wonderful. All but the "flying"

Carrie said...

Joel would have had to kiss me bye because I would have had the heart attack just watching! I am glad ya'll are making great memories. See you when you get back!!! Love ya'll!

Keith and Carla said...

I will say that your "getting" to your destination sounds a little bit like ours with all the stopping! That is a big part of the fun though. Glad y'all are enjoying yourselves!

Karen Prince said...

You are making me want to go to Branson! I love it!
I love how y'all travel! Kent is either really patient or laid back! My husband wants to get there yesterday! I used to beg for one hour at the mall when travelling through Dallas!
Glad you are all having fun. The flying thing looks scary. I could never do it, and if one of my guys were up there, I would be praying the entire time!