Friday, March 6, 2009

Amazing Week

According to dictionary.com I've had and will be enjoying for the remainder of the week an amazing week.

amazing: astonishing, awe-inspiring, awesome, awful, awing

Tonight and tomorrow I am hosting an awesome seminar The Rich Things in Life - Family, Friends, & Chocolate. Each of you are definitely invited to attend. It's going to be both awe-inspiring and awesome. Courtney and others have helped me to create an awing foyer. I know the presence of the Lord will meet us in such an astonishing way.

I ommitted in the previous paragraph one word from the definition of amazing. However, turst me that word has been apart of my week, too. Can you believe that right in the middle of such a busy fun-filled week I have had an awful case of gastroenteritis. Kent had to go to the office for a few minutes Wednesday and left Redonia with me. After a little bit Redonia got her laptop did a google search for our doctor's office and called for our 'personal' nurse. Of course Kay wasn't availalbe and Redonia was transferred to voicemail. She immediately called back and said "This is an emergency may I please speak with Kay." Short story is I went immediately to the doctor. I received a shot and $$$ later I'm better! Today is the first day I've felt like blogging this week. I'm still very weak. I know God is going to help me. This weekend is going to be too awesome for me to be sick.

I've lost count of how many ladies are participating in this weekends festivities. I know there will be close to 60 ladies, however. I'm expecting great things to happen. My friend, Veta McLauglin is going to be our guest speaker. Veta is an incredible person. She has the most amazing testimony about this weekend. She had been working and her husband felt it was time for her to resign. She wasn't sure her 'mission' was accomplished at her children's school. She prayed and fleeced God. She asked God to show her she was doing the right thing by allowing someone to ask her to speak at a seminar or conference. The next day I emailed Veta the details of our seminar and asked her to be the guest speaker. When Veta told me about this it gave me chills. Of course I KNEW then that I made the right decision. I had prayed about whom to ask to speak and while I would think of one name and then another I only FELT Veta. God immediately gave her something to share with our ladies. I can't wait to hear what God has for us!

It's going to be amazing, awesome, awe-inspiring, and awing. Veta and I have both been sick this week. We've dealt with the aweful so we will not have to deal with it during the seminar. I do hope each and everyone is blessed God.

Off to enjoy an amazing weekend......

7 comments:

Carrie said...

I can't wait!!!!

Glenda said...

It's going to be AMAZING I just feel it!!! I got a catch in my throat when I read about Sis McLaughlin fleece, I know God has something great in store for this weekend. Thanks so much for all the hard work you done and will be doing this weekend to make this event happen. Lvu lots!!!!!

Linda Weldon said...

Oh my goodness! I am so excited - I can hardly wait! Both Amy and Amanda will be able to come tonight - YAY!!! I love you bunches and am still praying for you! ~Sis. Weldon

Amy said...

I am glad you are feeling better Sis. Smith! i am looking forward to tonight also. Love you lots and I am praying for you!!
Amy

Keith and Carla said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick, but I'm glad you're feeling better. Enjoy your weekend!!!

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Tonight was AWESOME!!!! Thank you for all the hard work that you put into this. I love you and can't wait until tomorrow.

Tamara Frazier said...

I cant believe I missed it! I hope all of our ladies were blessed! I love you all!!!