Thursday, March 26, 2009

Trust, Excitement, Growth, HAPPY B'day TIMO

Sunday morning Kent preached an incredible lesson on trust. It was totally amazing. Trust is probably one of the hardest elements in life. It's amazing that we can trust many things unworthy of trust yet find it hard to trust God, the pastor, or the church. It's truly a tactic I believe the enemy can use to defuse unity. Our church is in an amazing time of revival. Unity is so strong. Kent said last night he feels we are 98 - 99 percent unified. Wow!

Last night during worship the service leader stopped and admonished us to not be ignorant to Satan's devices. He encouraged us to remain unified and not say negative things or listen to negative things. Kent preached more about revival last night. Our service was really faith filled. He encouraged us to continue to be excited and CARE for others. We are experiencing tremendous growth. Last night our sanctuary was filled with adults and young children while our youth had a separate service. Near the end of our service I had to peek in at the youth. Trent didn't have enough faith for his crowd. He had 30 people!! Several were standing or sitting on the floor. AWESOME!!! Sunday night Trent is going to preach to our entire church what he preached to our youth last night. I can't wait! I KNOW God is doing great things in our youth.

Today I leave for our district ladies conference. Calah, Redonia, and Mom are going with me. We will have a fun family day. I LOVE my Mom and my girls. Calah is going to be sleeping with Mom. She established that since she and Mom are snugglers! lol I KNOW they will get me for saying so publically. Redonia and I will enjoy the other bed each clutched to 'our' side of the bed. I'm sure the girls will get preached to by Mom for lots of little things....Redonia are you wearing a slip??? Redonia why didn't you hang up that suit first???? Hummmmm we love Grammy though!!!! Mom gets tickled easy. Calah giggles a lot so I'm sure we will have a fun time laughing.

I will enjoy being with the ladies from CUPC. They get to the services early and I act like a good saint...act like they all act at home. I'll drag in a little late and expect them to have me a seat saved!!! We'll pray, laugh, and eat together. Friday we have reservations at a tea room. It's our tradition. I enjoy this time with the ladies. I KNOW some minister's wives don't stay, sit, eat with their girls. However, this is one time I can really enjoy each of mine. District Conference will be in a few weeks and Kent and I spend that time with our friends.

Tomorrow Redonia has plans with a friend from Arkansas. He's a cute kid and has a great personality. We'll miss her when she leaves the group. To all you noisey rosey ladies you have to wait...you can meet him....hummmmm soon! lol Redonia said no sneek previews! ha

Saturday we celebrate Timo's birthday!!!! Happy Birthday to my little Nerd....yes he is my lil nerd...always has been always will be. When he was little he sucked his TONGUE..not his thumb! He acted like a little squirrel. He stored bread in the top of his mouth. We would find food there often...daily! He LOVES music...started banging things as a little boy. He LOVES to read....LOVES his i(whatever) - I'm technically challenged! He loves video games. He LOVES girls - - always has girlfriends. He LOVES to dress...when he was young he asked me if he gave me a foot massage would I buy him a shirt and tie. He is witty...is really smart...is cute as pie...and most of all hes my little NERD buddy! I LOVE your stinking guts, Timo!!!! Glad you are in the states so we can celebrate with you....I REMEMBER you want $$$ for drums or an itunes card....Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would rather sleep with Calah in case I accidently turn over during the night and forget that it is Calah and not my sweetie hubby. LOL Tracie and Redonia don't move during the night but I do. Do yall have your ear plugs? Sometimes I do snore, especially if I get on my back. I am mad at Vicki for not going with us, but I know she has Timo's party to plan for and then Kristi can't go this year because of our little "ninny" baby, Mallorie and by the way she is a little butterball but soooooooo BEAUTIFUL, I think it is time for Aunt Tracie to put a picture of her on her blog, since big sister, Madeline hasn't blogged in so long now....hint, hint.
Yes, my little Timo will soon be 14 and he thinks he is 20.....lol
I love you buddy and this year will be a celebration bigger than ever because of the miracle that has happened in your life and you are here with us to celebrate. I love my babies and most of my grand's came in two's so in just a few weeks we have another one turning 14 and that is Hannah (the first one on the Patrick side) she is so PRETTY and just as sweet.
Forgive me, Tracie for rattling on your blog site. I love my God and my family so much and am so proud of all of our bunch and their work for God!
Yes, CUPC ladies do have fun and enjoy TWC and this year will be NO exception, Tracie is an AWESOME pastor's wife too us all, including her dear ole mom..
love,
Mom/Shirley Patrick

Karen J. Hopper said...

Have a wonderful time with your family and the other ladies. Also, Happy Birthday to Timo. It is so good to write this birthday blessing because of Timo being a miracle blessing to us all.

Vicki said...

hope you all have a great time! I just didn't feel that I could leave Timo right now and really needed to get his party together.

Timo is a nerd! He tries hard to be one ha!

Linda Weldon said...

Ok - for the record - before anyone gets the wrong impression- not all of us ladies "act like that at home" and drag into church late! LOL!! Most of us are there way early for each service, only a very few come late. We have a wonderful group of ladies who arrive early to pray, prepare for praise and worship, prepare for hospitality, prepare for Sunday School, etc. We have such wonderful, caring people at CUPC!! God is doing GREAT things!!! AND we have THE best Pastor and Pastor's wife in the whole wide world!!!! Love you TONS, Sis. Smith - can't wait to get there tonight with my girls - Amy & Amanda!!! ~Sis. Weldon

Carrie said...

We were an hour and a half late!!!! We thought it started at 7:30 and then got lost!!!! LOL! I had a great, great time.

Also, I am thankful that Sis. Smith goes the extra mile to help us get registered. (Thanks to Deadra too!)

Love all of you ladies at CUPC!

Keith and Carla said...

Timo and I share a birthday! Saturday is mine, also.