Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Revival Continues. . .

I love Mid.Point Service. Definitely the Wednesday night crowd is the crowd that wants to be at church. We always have good church on Wednesday nights and Kent is most mindful of everyone's schedule.

This week Kent has had a busy schedule of hospital visits, a run to the south side of Houston to Hobby Airport, lunch appointments, and yes even got in a game of golf with a neighboring pastor. This morning I worried for him knowing his schedule was very tight today. He assured me he had lots of driving time and would be fine for this evening's service. We have several minister's in the church so I thought he may should ask one of them to preach. For the most part they 'stay ready'.

Kent was definitely 'ready'. We had an incredible Bible lesson/message. At the close I glanced over my shoulder and noticed a first time visitor who is brother to one of the ladies in our church had his hands raised and was weeping. It wasn't long till this man was speaking in other tongues as the Spirt gave utterance. We learned this man has struggled with addictions for a long time. Today he called his sister and told her he was going to church with her tonight. He told her he was ready to change his life

Right now we have such a great spirit of unity flowing from most every person. Our people are totally showing the love of God to one another. We have a couple of people without work. Almost $600 was given in the offering marked benevolence for these dear people. Wow!!! Our church family is taking these people to dinner or having them in their homes for dinner. Compassion is such a great gift to possess.

Unity brings revival. I'm greatful to be apart of a blessed revival church. I can't wait for Sunday....revival continues!

7 comments:

Carrie said...

I am grateful to be part of a caring church too!!! Love you! Have a great, great day!

Linda Elms said...

Traci, I enjoyed the great report. Let UNITY continue! AMEN!

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Babe thanx for sticking with me through thick and thin.....

The unity is incredible.....

I would suggest that we probably don't have 5 people in the whole ministry who have not bought into the vision....

God is good and it has been a blast taking this journey with you......

k

Misti Ferguson said...

Thank God for this awesome revival! I'm so excited about what He is doing...We are really going to miss being here for the next few services!

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Awwww....I'm so sad I missed it! I too love Wednesday night church. I am thankful for what God is doing.

Tamara Frazier said...

Sister I am sooooo ready for revival!!! And I am sooo ready to be home! Cant wait! We will be home late Saturday night early Sunday morning so we WILL be there Sunday night!!! LOVE and prayers! Tamara

Tamara Frazier said...

Sister I am sooooo ready for revival!!! And I am sooo ready to be home! Cant wait! We will be home late Saturday night early Sunday morning so we WILL be there Sunday night!!! LOVE and prayers! Tamara