Monday, March 9, 2009

9-1-1 It's a Crisis

CUPC is involved in praying for revival @ home and abroad. Thankfully, we are experiencing revival and we know there is so much more. We’ve been asking God to reveal Himself to His people and bring laborers into the harvest as we win souls. We are certainly seeing it come to pass.

Of late is has been pounding in my spirit that Jesus was serious when He said they will know Him by the love we have one for another. Kent and I have endeavored to show love through CARING for people. We've encouraged this in our entire church. An unbelievable unity is forming. If silly issues divide then the big scheme of things is hindered. A common focus brings about strength to love and CARE even more.

John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Families are being torn apart for lack of understanding of the enemy’s tactics. We should not be ignorant to Satan's devices. How can the fields be harvested if we become divided? We must be ready to minister. We can't aford to be busy looking at ourselves and our problems. We can't afford misunderstandings to become the focal point. When we love one another our issues and problems don't seem as large. I want people to know that I am a disciple of Chirst. They will know this by the love I have for others.

We are living out an EMERGENCY! We must smell the desperate stench of dying souls. Not only those out there in the world but the ones who are part of us. We must love one another for the Lord to be glorified. We must overlook offenses. The Devil will bring many. We must learn they are his scheme. Let’s win the hearts of the lost by our love for one another! There’s so much work to be done!

We must realize people around us are in crisis. I KNOW as a pastor's wife, friend, and family member I have often failed to be sensitive. However, I truly pray for a sensitivity to CARE and let others know I am CARRYING them. I know that God is able to deliver from any storm.

Just as emergency medical crews are an important part of our society so are emergency spiritual crews necessary in the church. When the 9-1-1 alarm is sounded in the spirit I pray we will be sensitive to the crisis and there will be emergency spiritual crews to the rescue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis Tracy,

Pastor Dean has been preaching this as well and has talked a lot lately about loving our neighbors and showing that love.

Jerri Barnes/ Bossier City, LA

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Coming from a little different angle, I have been talking to our church about SELF-CENTERED. INDULGANT, EXTRAVAGANT, ME-FIRST mentality which is the opposite of CARING for others and loving our church family and our neighbors. I am teaching on the book of Daniel which covers the Babylon mind-set....I am not really negative, but this is what comes from that teaching. Thanks for giving me another side to emphasis this coming week. Tracie, you are a blessing!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Great post. Oh, it is time to harvest - and aren't we blessed to be a part of God's End-Time Plan. Bring on the 9-1-1 calls.