Sunday, March 29, 2009

Excited...fantabulous weekend!!!!

My weekend started a little early. Redonia, Calah, Mom and I travelled to Lufkin for Ladies Conference. Honestly, it was the best we've had in several years. The ladies of CUPC really enjoyed it. I'm always blessed when they are blessed. I love those girls!!! God has blessed our family to be a part of one of the greatest churches. Of course we think it's the BEST.

Redonia decided to leave the conference early to spend time with a friend. We enjoyed having Sean for the weekend. Grammy and Popsie have been Cupid. Thanks Grammy & Popsie for letting him stay at your home. Sean's parents pastor in Arkansas. We've had the privilege of spending some time with them. They are great people. Trent is definitely the BIG not older but BIG brother to Redonia....poor Sean! lol

This morning's service was INCREDIBLE...AMAZING>>>>POWER PACKED!!!! God definitely met us there. During the second worship song men left their pews and knelt in the altar. Several were filled with the the baptism of the Holy Spirit. One man told one of our ministers he felt a warm sensation begin in the top of his head and work through his body. He said he has never felt anything like it before. The men of CUPC were so awesome. They didn't want for the men to get to the altar they poured from their pews and met the visitors in the altar and prayed with them. Kent preached an incredible message straight to the heart of the visitors. At the conclusion of his message he said "I KNOW there is at least one that wants to be baptized. If you would like to be baptized just make your way behind the stage." I couldn't help but weep as I watched six adults walk down the aisle to be baptized in Jesus Name. Five men and one lady had their sins washed away.

After service our church feeds homeless and/or anyone from the neighborhood wanting to have lunch with us. Today we had over 50 visitors! Kent and I left quickly after service to eat with Sean and Redonia. As soon as our lunch was over we went back to the church to help with clean up. I was totally blown away with the visitors who blessed our playground and picnic area. Again some great prospects for church were made from the meal.


Revival isn't coming to CUPC rather revival is HERE!!!! I can hardly wait until church tonight. Our over 4o choir will be singing tonight. There's a lot of excitement about this choir. Misti Ferguson and the musicians have worked hard to make the choir a great blessing to our service. Following the choir Trent will be preaching. According to our youth Trent did an amazing job preaching to the youth Wednesday night. I KNOW God is going to use Trent tonight.

Check back soon.....I'm sure I'll have more wonderful things to report. Prayer, unity, and CARE is the key to the revival we are experiencing. We don't have an evangelist rather all our ministers are working together doing everything they can to promote revival. We do have a revival planned in a couple of weeks. I KNOW the evangelist will be thankful that we aren't expecting him to bring revival...REVIVAL is HERE! Paise the Lord!

3 comments:

Linda Weldon said...

Sis Smith, I could feel the Holy Ghost as I read your post. I was in Sunday School this morning so I was not in the sanctuary, however I heard all the glorious reports at lunch today with friends and family. WOW!!! After the amazing move of God we all experienced at Ladies Conference, and then this morning with precious souls being baptized, filled with the Holy Ghost and SET FREE!!! I am FULL of excitement about tonight's service! One of our scriptures this morning in our Sunday School class was about "...I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh...". This IS what God is doing! I love you bunches! ~Sis Weldon

Anonymous said...

I love what is happening. when you watch older men walk to the altar while we are having praise and worship before any preaching and they are crying, tears running down their faces you know you are in revival. I love the Spirit that is in every service and you can't wait to get to church to see what is going to happen. God is so good. Most all of our people have caught the burden and it is wonderful.
Yes, ladies conference was GREAT and the speakers were ALL just AWESOME as well as the MC's.
We enjoyed our guest for the weekend, also. He is such a nice guy and from a really nice family that loves God and has done an incredible job in their town with their church.

Mom/Shirley

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Yes....awesome, awesome, awesome!!! God is GOOD all the TIME!!!!