Monday, March 31, 2008

Family Need

After service last night, Trent came to me quite excited that Uncle Andy had to be taken to the hospital from church. Josh had been trying to reach all of us via our cell phones. I checked my phone and there were numerous missed calls and messages. I knew there was urgency. I had a few children to take home. Upon return to the church I found my husband pacing in front of the church with his brief case in hand. He jumped in the car and said, “We have to go to Austin my brother has suffered a heart attack.”

After a quick trip by the house to pack a bag and gather a few clothes, we “flew” to Austin. My brother-in-law, David “Andy” Smith pastors in Marble Falls, Texas. Andy apparently suffered a heart attack last night while preaching. His wife, Pam, and their son and daughter-in-law rushed him by car to the Emergency Room. The faster Pam drove the faster Andy wanted her to drive. He was in a great amount of pain. After stabilization, he was transferred to Austin. Today he is scheduled for a heart cath. Please keep Pam and Andy and their children in your prayers. Andy has confessed to having had several of these “episodes” of late just not as major. We know regardless the problem God is the Healer.

6 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Will be praying, knowing that God is in control.

Rochelle said...

I just said a prayer. I know God has His hand on your family.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Prayed for healing, peace and strength. God is in control.

Tracie Smith said...

Thanks for the prayers. After all the test results came in the Doctor decided it was not a heart attack. He will be treated with meds and hopefully some rest will help, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying.

Shirley Buxton

iluv2prshim said...

I am praying for Kent's brother. I've been there and know what it's like.