Monday, March 3, 2008

Seventeen Years and Counting. . .

Kent reminded me this morning that this week marks our seventeenth year in Conroe. Actually our first service in Conroe was the first weekend in March which would have been yesterday. We enjoyed very powerful services this weekend. Yesterday Pastor preached about having a personal altar experience. You can read about it on his blog. He never gave an altar call. People during the message started flooding the altars. It was a very moving service. After service I took Destiny home. Then I joined the family at a local restaurant. Ironically, two of our original eight church members were sitting at the table with my family when I arrived. Rarely do we eat lunch with people on Sunday. This is a time we reserve to spend with our family. When I walked into the restaurant I thought this is like old times not even realizing it was our anniversary. Sis. Pat and Sis. Martin we love you both. Thanks for staying with us all these years!

During these seventeen years we have experienced many battles. I am happy to report the victories far exceed the defeats. We have been knocked down but never left destroyed. As in any church we have had people come and people leave. We have learned one thing that while we weep with those leaving the backdoor we find ourselves rejoicing with those who come thru the front door. Many spiritual victories have been won in Conroe. I can’t even begin to recount each of them. I remember times of God’s provision in earlier years. We’ve had times of miraculous healings and seasons of nothing but Holy Ghost outpouring. Currently we are in a time of increased prayer and fasting. We are enjoying the results in our services both last weekend and this we have had backsliders renewed.

As I mentioned previously we began with eight people. To put this in perspective we now have 8 praise singers every service plus five musicians and ministers on the platform. The platform alone has more people than we had in the entire church. Wow! At times I get frustrated thinking we are not growing fast enough but when I stop and analyze the growth it is really astounding. I remember teaching Sunday School sometimes holding a baby on my hip and having a varied age group of infants to preteens. Now we enjoy many dynamic classes. The teachers struggle with a few grades combined in one class! The music was so rough. Neither Kent nor I am talented in that area. We have depended on whatever talent God provides. Now our music is incredible. I’m thankful both of our children are talented musically. The youth group that Trent leads has more youth than the congregation his dad led for the first several years. Redonia is our children’s choir director. She directed more children in her choir yesterday than her dad led in congregational worship the first four years. Last night Trent preached while trying to make some youth announcements. The congregation really responded. This was more response that Kent ever got from our new converts the first few years.

Blogging has been good for me this morning. God never let me forget where You have brought us from. Never let me fail to be appreciative for the many blessings You have provided. God I sincerely thank You for all You have done in Conroe. I realize that if You don’t build the house we labor in vain. I know the next few years are even going to be greater because You have given us wonderful people to share our burden. Thank You Lord that even last night we received emails after service from people that are supporting the vision You have given us for Conroe.

13 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

What a Faith building post! Seventeen years stand as a tribute to your family's dedication and love for God, and His people. Happy Anniversary, and may His abundant blessings be poured out on the work in Conroe.

Carrie Blair said...

Good morning! I am so thankful for what God is doing in our church and the church as a whole...Thanks for seventeen years of treading for what we have today...I know there is a price for what we have now and we will continue to pay the price so that the next generation will enjoy the freedoms of the spirit. We each must continue to push and not be satisfied....Thanks again! I love you dearly! Have a beautiful Monday!

Tracie Smith said...

Thank you, both! Most importantly thank you, Jesus, for calling us to such a wonderful growing city in the Houston metroplex. I have never been so full of faith about what God is doing. I covet each of your prayers for strength, guidance, and wisdom for the harvest in Conroe.

Belinda said...

PRAISE THE LORD! I am just happy to say that I was a small part of the work of the Lord there. He is SO FAITHFUL!

Karla said...

Congratulations on 17 years! I can't wait to look back and see what God has done in Pflugerville in 17 years!!

Tracie Smith said...

Sis. A., your family wasn't a "small" part but rather played a key role in the six years you served so wonderfully. Thank you!

Karla, it will be here before you know it. We are at a sectional retreat in Burnet. I asked Kent how far we are from Pflugerville. I'm believing for a revival there.

iluv2prshim said...

Congratulations to you all. Glad to hear the good reports of what God has done and continues to do in Conroe.
Blessings!

Tracie Smith said...

Thanks! You know how pastoring goes...God has truly been good to us. We've enjoyed His blessings.

Anonymous said...

Tracie - I happened across your blogspot quite by accident..... Your 17th year in Conroe also marks mine and Eric's 17th Wedding Anniversary - You guys had just started out there in March and then we got married in April. I wonder if Trent remembers being in the wedding???? Sounds like things are going great there.

Much Love and Blessings,
Tresia Diaz (Haskins)
scentsofgrace@earthlink.net

Tracie Smith said...

Tresia! Where are you these days? It has been so many years! Conroe is definitely the place we want to be. God has blessed us greatly. Can you believe the little boy in your wedding is getting married? Tell all the family hello! I'd love to see each of you. What fond memories we have of the Haskins family!

Karen Prince said...

What an encouraging post! You & Kent need to write a book about it!
In this day, we want everything instantly, but I believe God has a plan. We have to be ready and willing. I pray I am ready for whatever He has for us.
I love your writings.
Karen

Tracie Smith said...

Thanks, Karen. Several have suggested we write a book to encourage home missionaries. We said if we did we would use a similar title to the Freeman's "Bug & Nona on the Go"...Ours would be "Bug & Nona have nothing on Kent & Tracie" Of course we are teasing. God has been good through it A-L-L and I do mean ALL! I pray for you every day.

Anonymous said...

Tracie, We are in the Nashville, TN area. We moved back here almost 2 years ago. We have 3 boys now. Nikolas is 11, Treston is 9 and we have a new baby boy Zyan - who was born on March 27, 2008.

Tresia