Saturday, March 8, 2008

Prayer Requests

Though the weather was cool today we had a great turnout for outreach. The ladies joined me in Tall Timbers. This apartment complex has quite a turnover of residents. Each time I visit I meet new people. Today we got the names of 14 people who are going to ride the church van with me to church tomorrow!!!! One of them is Mom to one of the children. Often in these type neighborhoods people commit on Saturday but by Sunday they change their mind. I feel that some of the new families we met today are really good prospects for church. Please join me in praying that nothing will hinder!!!

The ladies had the privilege of going into some of these apartments. I know CUPC will never be the same! You can read one of our young children's response on his Mom's blog. I know Joshua will be happy tomorrow when he sees some of the children we invited in his Sunday School Class.

Please help me pray for my sweet husband who has been sick this evening. He was unable to attend family prayer tonight. Trent did an awesome job of leading the focused prayer at the conclusion for his Dad. Better watch out, Dad. I think Trent maybe trying to get your job! :)

Additionally we have several needs in our congregation. Megan, a 20 year old, has had two heart transplants. She has been struggling with rejection of the new heart since December. She is hospitalized and I know Megan and her parents are waiting on a miracle. Bro. Broadway, a retired pastor, is very critically ill with a blood disorder. Additionally, he is having some complications that are causing severe pain in his knees and back. The Broadways are people of great faith. My husband wrote a very moving blog about Bro. Broadway.

I know that God is truly able to answer these requests. Blogging is more to me than keeping up with friends but a way for me to connect with HIM. As I read some of your blogs I can truly say I have whispered prayers and I know you will join me. Isn't it great to belong to such a huge family as the family of God?

5 comments:

Karla said...

Looking forward to great reports for your services tomorrow!!

We will keep these needs in prayer.

Tracie Smith said...

Thanks for your prayers and believing with me. Redonia woke up vomiting...uggggh! She is our main soprano praise singer. Off to run the van route. :) Others are tyring to take it away from me but I love doing it!!!!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Will be praying. I am so amazed that although we are divided by miles, God is connecting His people into one huge family who can share, care, encourage and pray for one another. He is an awesome God.

Tracie Smith said...

Thanks for praying with me. It is encouraging to know others share my burdens. Check back soon for updates about the weekend. It'll take me a little time to blog.

Carrie Blair said...

I thought everything was so wonderful! I am excited about new souls too! It was the coolest thing to see those little children following you to the park.