Thursday, March 27, 2008

Urgent Prayer Request


Katrina, the lady baptized at our MLK picnic, came to the church today for prayer. She is very miserable with life and wants a change. She said that something strange has happened in her life since she was invited to the picnic. She thinks it is strange that she keeps being reminded in little ways about our church. She keeps thinking about the baptism. She has heard things from others about our church, she was asked by a neighborhood boy for a ride to play basketball with some buddies. When she got him to the “place” it was our church parking lot. Never mind that we have a goal in a parking lot not even marked like a court! He had friends from the neighborhood that invited him to hang out and it just happened to be CUPC. No, it did not just happen God just arranged it to be CUPC. Katrina lives a very rough life. I will not disclose her personal circumstances but trust me she needs God. We prayed with her in our church nursery as her toddler played. She wept and cried and we felt God in such a powerful way. She immediately hugged both my husband and I and thanked us for praying with her. She asked that I walk with her to her car. She kept telling me that she wants to change but feels so trapped by her past and is almost scared to let down her walls and allow good things to happen. Once she is delivered I will share her testimony! It’s going to be powerful. Today I ask that each of you please pray for my new friend. She needs to know God as her deliverer.

I previously posted she and her husband were baptized, I'm not sure who the man was but he is not her husband. Maybe he's a friend or relative. Sorry for the inaccurate post!


4 comments:

Carrie Blair said...

The word says Repent and be baptized and ye SHALL receive the gift of the Holy Ghost! I am praying and believing for Katrina.

Karen J. Hopper said...

This is exciting. Praying and believing that part two of this story will be that Katrina is complete in Him.

Tracie Smith said...

We wenet to see Katrina today. She was so happy to see us. She immediately said I will be @ church Sunday @ 10:00. We took her a cake. She thanked us and said, "You didn't have to bring me anything. I'm going to be there!" Her life seems so hopeless but we know there is hope!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

God has a marvelous plan for her life - He will do it!
She can't get church our of her mind - awesome! Praying and believing with you.