Tuesday, March 25, 2008

We Ran Away....


Kent and I have worked 7 days a week from 7 am - midnight for several weeks. Today we ran away! We went to the office and worked until noon. Then we escaped! We told Deadra upon arrival at the office that we would be leaving at noon. Although we could not take a long break because Bro. Broadway was sent home from the hospital and placed in Hospice Care. We did enjoy a break until time to meet with the Broadway family this afternoon.

After getting dressed a little more casual we drove through the countryside. Our first stop was in Brenham at the Must Be Heaven Sandwich Shoppe. We enjoyed a quiet quaint lunch. During our meal we looked out the window and saw Donna Myre, a pastor's wife, sitting in a church van. We were hiding so we didn’t even take the time to speak! After lunch we walked around the downtown square for a few minutes. Then we got in the car opened the top and headed to Chapel Hill. From Chapel Hill we drove through countryside to Independence. We went in an old country store in Independence where I enjoyed an ice cream bar. Then we meandered through the country to Washington on the Brazos. After leaving Washington we drove to Anderson. From Anderson we headed home to visit and pray with the Broadways. We met Redonia for a fast food dinner at Popeye’s. Then we had coffee at the Sugar Cube. Shhhhhh no one missed us so don’t tell anyone we took a few hours to ourselves….

I captured a few cute pictures of my handsome prince in the bluebonnets. He took a couple of me but I know why he wanted to get me away for a few hours after looking at the pictures. My eyes have horrible dark circles. I look worse than tired…Though I enjoyed the countryside I enjoyed holding hands and nodding off, too! Something about getting in the car puts me to sleep.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Tracie, I couldn't find an email address on you on this whole blog..... I just found your Blog through my Aunt's Blog, Karen Hopper, A Jewel Divinely Rare, Do you know her? I was suprised to see you on there commenting and wondered how that happened, maybe it's the "everyone's connected" theory!!! Glad you got away for the day, sometime just an hour or two does it doesn't it? Throw a 2 year old in the mix! Wow my life is interesting!! Love ya!
Susan Hill

Tracie Smith said...

Hey Susan!!! My email is traciesmith@conroeupc.org. I have "met" your Aunt thru blogging. Her blog is really one of my favorites. I like her simple style of posting a pic and thoughts regarding or maybe she does thoughts and finds a pic....lol Regardless, mine gets wordy. Guess my life is messy with all we have going on. Life is awesome but busy in Conroe...email me...I'd love to hear what's going on in your world!

Trent Smith said...

hahahahahah take that pic of dad down!!! he looks like a goober!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha

Tracie Smith said...

I love that pic of Dad! He is so cute!

Yvette said...

Sounds like ya'll had a lot of fun! Glad you were able to get away!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Much deserved and needed "time out".
We are in the city, so the hills... well they don't look like that - very pretty!

Tracie Smith said...

We did have fun! Catherine we are in the city,too. We live in the Houston metroplex. The couple hour drive out of the city was most rewarding to find tranquility!

Carrie Blair said...

Running away is fun! I am glad you got to catnap too. You looked rested tonight!

Trent, your day is coming! Your kids will say the same thing about you!!! Ha ha

Anonymous said...

Loved reading about your run-away afternoon. Delightful. Don't take down the picture...it's wonderful.

Shirley Buxton
www.shirleybuxton.wordpress.com

Tracie Smith said...

Sisters Blair and Buxton, it was such a refreshing afternoon. Sis. Buxton, the pic is there to stay! One of my husband's friends who is on one of the minister's forum copied the pic and uploaded it to the forum. Well, you guessed it...he is receiving lots of ridicule. He is now the forum "flower boy". Of course it is all done in fun and laughter. I'm glad our afternoon is refreshing so many!