Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Baskets, Eggs, Candy, and Egg Hunt

This week I decided some of my friends may not receive a Easter basket. Thursday I estimated how many of my little friends would join me for church on Sunday. I decided to make one dozen baskets. This would allow for a few children that come to church faithfully without their parents.

Friday in thinking about our annual egg hunt, I thought it would be fun to have some of my friends join me. I decided to go to Dugan to invite my buddies. Sis. Alba joined me in the fun. I had 20 children agree to attend. I got beat in a few games of four square, too!

Today was the annual egg hunt 23 children from Dugan joined me. Much to my surprise when we got to the church 8 families who visited our MLK picnic last week was at the egg hunt. Thanks, Babe for being the bus captain. Thank you Scott for taking your Suburban and allowing me to fill it, too.

As I took children home from the egg hunt I invited each one back for Easter. I am in trouble! I have 24 children that plan to ride the van/vehicle in the morning. I am short 12 baskets. This doesn’t allow for any of the other children. My first drop off was really encouraging. I asked the Dad if his son could join me tomorrow. He smiled big and said “He sure can but our entire family has decided to go, also.” I tried hard to maintain my composure. I really wanted to shout!

Upon my return to replace plants at the sanctuary doors the Silent Praise was practing “Behold the Lamb”. What an incredible job they were doing! Courtney, our events coordinator, has a beautiful cross draped in purple with lilies and ferns at the base. Our maintenance director has the shrubs trimmed nicely. The church is ready for guests.

I’m off to buy more baskets, grass, candy, surprises, and cellophane! I trust your Easter will be as exciting has mine has begun. Resurrection is life…I am experiencing life in Conroe!

1 comment:

Gene Holley said...

That is incredible! I'm so excited for y'all. Have a great Easter.