Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring

Annually as Spring approaches I eagerly await the appearance of the first Texas Bluebonnet. Yesterday I caught a glimpse of something blue. It was the initial appearance of a few Bluebonnets.

Past springtime’s meant shopping for the right matching little outfits for Redonia and Trent. The perfect smocked dress and the little button on shorts with French lace for Trent. Later I would trim an Easter basket with matching ribbons and lace for Redonia’s dress and find the cutest basket for Trent. I would search for all the favorite candies and just the right trinkets to go in the baskets.

Since the children are grown they select their own outfits. However, they aren’t to grown to accept money to help purchase the outfits. I still delight in pulling a basket from the attic from the past and filling for each of the kids. This year I gain a new daughter and will have 3 baskets to fill.

Today Kent and I are taking the day off. The weather may get a little inclimate but we hope to enjoy early spring. I’m not sure where our day will lead; a trip to Kemah, the countryside, or the bustle of the Galleria. Of course if duty calls we will happily return to responsibility.

Often life gets too busy to recognize the early budding of the trees, the tiny green budding of a shrub, and the whistling of the wind thru the thin foliage of the trees. Wherever you find your self today take time to recognize the majestic creations of our Creator.

1 comment:

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

OK people...

I am taking her to nunya today...

Nunya business....ha