Friday, May 30, 2008

What's in the Air?

Today I woke up feeling a sense of Victory. It may seem a little strange but every morning I use my cell phone to call my children on their phones while we are all in the same house. They are upstairs and I’m down. We should have installed an intercom when we built our home. This morning when I called Redonia, I said, “Oh by the way sissy, don’t forget tonight is church!” She giggled and immediately I realized its Friday and not Wednesday. I had been dreaming about taking Tamia to church and her receiving the greatest altar experience. Kent heard me and laughed at me, too! I immediately felt disappointed not that I was teased but it wasn’t church. I had been dreaming about Tamia.

I received an email this morning from someone with a news report of increased crime in Conroe. According to the report much of it is happening in my normal path of travel each week. With increased fuel costs budgets are suffering. Crime is naturally going to rise. I responded to the email that we may soon find ourselves praying “Father come quickly”. This is really victory!If we truly love God our churches are going to fill to capacity because we will not want the return of the Lord without reaching out more and more to the lost.

Yesterday, I had an anonymous comment to my previous blog. Lately, I have gone to Target at unusual times of the day for me. Twice I have seen this dear individual. She and I both know it is a God thing. She has been seeking God for direction . One of the mornings I saw her, she had spent time in prayer asking God some questions. She said when she saw me she knew I was the answer. Just as God is going to help my dear friend so is He going to quench the thirsty souls of many.

God is able and willing to give victory. Today is a good day to turn to Him that He may perform what others may call the impossible! "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

Who knows this weekend may be the beginning of the greatest harvest the church has ever known. Victory is definitely in the air!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so love y'all!

Belinda said...

WOW I love those kind of dreams! I really love it when they come true. I will be looking forward to reading that blog "fur sur" :)

Carrie Blair said...

In the inner world
Each victory is a help.
Each defeat is a help, too.
But each surrender to God's Will
Is a victory unparalleled,
A victory invincible.

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Beautiful post. Love you!

Linda Elms said...

I'm anxiously waiting to see what God is up to this weekend! He is doing great things all around us. Have a wonderful day and Sunday! Love you!

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Tracie, I don't comment much...but when I read Vicki's blog, I often skip over to yours!!! In the Valley, we are about ready to harvest grain....yes, "gathering in" and victory are in the air. May it be lived out in all our churches this weekend. Love you! Susy

Karen J. Hopper said...

Love your words, "Victory is definitely in the air!" These are words of hope for all.