Sunday, May 11, 2008

I Love Gifts

Ok be honest ladies! You love them too. I know it is more blessed to give than receive and trust me I give often but I still like to receive.

Friday evening Kent and I went to the Galleria to shop. He insisted on buying me an outfit. Thanks, babe, I love it! I chose to not wear it this morning and opted for something more comfortable for the van route. I think I will save it for the rehearsal dinner. Redonia, Trent and Calah each gave me roses and cards. Thanks kids, you all know I love fresh flowers. Kent surprised me last night with perfume. He knows I love a Chanel product but could not recall which one. Tomorrow I will have a new bottle of Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel. Our Bible Quizzers host a rose fundraiser and I received roses from several people. Thanks EVERYONE! A dear elderly lady, Sis. Elsie Smith, brought me a very fragrant bouquet of gardenias from her yard.

The sweet congregation we pastor gave me a MOST awesome gift this year. They gave me a gift card for a trip to a Day Spa. Aaaahh how relaxing! I will savor every minute. The most lasting part of the gift they gave me is a very beautiful photo album. One of the ladies constructed the album. She does scrapbooking. Scrapbooking does not quite fit the description of this most eloquent album. It is very richly embellished in tones of brown, gold, and turquoise. Each page boasts stunning embellishments. The most valuable part of the album however is it captures most everyone of my precious outreach babies. What a gift! Thank you Sis. Tina and everyone who had a part!

And now a drum roll for the best gift I received…..play it loud in your ears….Trent play it a little louder, please….for the best gift I received….I had FIVE “5” of my precious Moms join us from our outreach efforts. Wow!!!!!!! All I can say is Wow…thank you Moms for making my day grand! Tamitha you made me cry…I know you said I made you cry when I spoke of you and your family at church but you going to such an effort made me cry. Thanks for leaving your boyfriend’s home and driving more than hour to bring my babies to church today. I love Deja and Keshon. I regret I had lunch plans with my family. Thank you Thank you Thank you for inviting me to lunch with you and the kids. Girl, you are in my prayers!

After taking the kids home from church our family enjoyed a very fine meal at a locally owned Italian restaurant. The classical pianist set the mood as we entered the restaurant. The buffet had a very artsy array. Popsie enjoyed the omelets, Kent enjoyed crab and shrimp, and Kristi enjoyed the stuffed flounder. I think the rest of us simply enjoyed the experience. Thanks Kent and Mickey for treating the family to such a relaxing meal after a long morning.
This has truly been the best Mother's Day ever!!!!

5 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

A very Happy Mother's Day to you!!!

Deadra Backhus said...

I love gifts too....but I especially like giving them more...especially to someone like you who is soooo deserving of what you got today. I am sooooo glad your outreach efforts rewarded you today with the 5 awesome visiting mothers at church today. I was so happy for you. You need to take an entire day off...and enjoy a relaxing day at the spa, you more that deserve it.....remember the other day when I told you I was getting my mom a spa gift certificate and asked you which you would suggest more of...a facial or massage....well you were the "MOM" I was talking about....ahahahahha....gotcha....atleast I didn't lie. I love you and I am glad you have had the most special Mother's Day.

Carrie Blair said...

There is nothing like being a moma...to our own and to those who need "moma" love. I am so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Love you!

Rochelle said...

I do too!! It's just fun! Especially when we recognize that those gifts come from God! All good gifts come from Him! And He loves you very much!!

Vicki said...

Glad my daughter and daughter in law was able to be with you and Grammy since I am away. And yes, Lauren did know I was going to be out of touch - HA! She just chose to block it out. She also raved about the food - and that is from a college student that is so picky!
Glad your day was great. Being a mother in law is just as grand as being a mother when your daughter in laws are like my Chelsea and for your Calah.