Sunday, May 4, 2008

Roller Coasters

As just a young child I was taught to love roller coasters by my Mother. Mom was always game for a wild and crazy ride. Even after my children were old enough to enjoy rides Mom was still enjoying the wild and crazy rides.

This week has been much like a roller coaster. I’ve had lots of unexpected turns and lots of thrilling hills. Trying to reflect the week it really seems Monday and Tuesday was a couple of weeks ago. Have you ever endured such a long week?

Trent and Calah were generously ‘showered’ with gifts at two showers in their honor. I was privileged to speak at one of the Regional Texas District Spanish Ladies Conferences. We enjoyed such a sweet presence of the Lord. Monday and Tuesday I spent time with some of my friends from Tall Timbers. Thursday we addressed wedding invitations. This was one of those weeks where I felt I was all 'thumbs'. It seemed everything I set out to accomlish hit some sort of a crisis.

Upon careful consideration of my week I realize that God has been with me every step. Allow me to change a word or two of a familiar song.


As I look back over my week
And I think things over
I can truly say
that I’ve been blessed
I've got a testimony

5 comments:

Linda Elms said...

Maybe this week will be a "slow moving ride" for you. I hope you get some rest.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Hope this is a restful week for you, right before Mother's Day. But sometimes it's hard to slow down when so much calls us. Steal a day or a half like you did a while back, you deserve it.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Pray you can put on the "skids" for a while and get some much needed rest - not only for the body but to renew your soul.

Carrie Blair said...

When the realization comes that He has been with us it makes for such a grateful heart!

Don't forget to eat some veggies too for strength! I bet a nice, long hot bath would work wonders as well!

Love you!

Tracie Smith said...

Thanks for all your concern...I'm actually not too tired! Last week just had some unexpected twists and turns that I probably shouldn't elaborate on in such a public forum. I know the persons involved would appreciate your prayers! Tonight I sit here being tortured by Redonia. She's giving me a perm.....pray for me, too! lol