Thursday, May 15, 2008

Refreshing

How refreshing to kneel at the altar and talk to God! Tamia, a precious Mother to a couple of children of the van route enjoyed our Mother’s Day service. She decided to visit again last night. I’m so thankful she felt the sweet presence of the Lord from the very beginning of service. Kent began service by inviting the congregation to the altar. What an honor to follow Tamia to the altar and kneel in prayer with her! During praise and worship she lifted her hands to God as tears began to wash her weary countenance. At the close of the Bible Study the invitation was given to return to the altar. It appeared Tamia could not get there quick enough. Again she and I knelt at the foot of the pulpit. Sweet tears coursed each of our cheeks as we responded to God. Kent prayed with us and Tamia felt God in such a powerful way. I know God is going to meet the needs of my friend and her family. After service Tamia enjoyed the hugs of so many of the sweet ladies of CUPC. Tamia received strength from God to endure the remaining part of the week. She plans to be in service again Sunday. The presence of the Lord is refreshing to the soul.

Last night I went to bed feeling refreshed in my mind and Spirit. Today I will enjoy a refreshing day at a day spa compliments of CUPC. Last night Tamia visited church because she just wanted to be there not because we were giving anything away as we did Sunday. As I blogged yesterday He’s Been Faithful, God knew I needed a little boost in my outreach. I know with a refreshed body and soul the outreach efforts I plan for Friday and Saturday will surely feel the effects. I anticipate even more adult visitors from Tall Timbers on Sunday. I’m thankful for the refreshing I feel today.

7 comments:

Debbie Saiz said...

That is so great! Your efforts are paying off. . . .and only time will tell the difference you and God will have made in all of these children's lives! There is no feeling like the feeling of someone coming to church that you have worked on and then seeing the awesome power of God move in their life! Thanks for sharing all the updates on it. I enjoy it!

iluv2prshim said...

Tracie, That is awesome. There is no blessing like a soul winner's blessing. :)

Rochelle said...

That is so wonderful! God is using you in a mighty way! And it is such a refreshing feeling to know that He is directing your steps!

Deadra's Dialogue said...

I heard the joy in your voice when I talked with you one the phone prior to last night's service....you were soooooo excited. I was sooooo excited for you and that God was blessing your outreach efforts. I am so glad you were refresed and enjoyed the spa. Next time take me with you...hahah...lol....love you!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

... And the Lord added daily such should be saved". Acts 2:47 KJV
So exciting to hear the good report!

Belinda said...

OK I hear the pride of a "momma" speaking here. You are such a wonderful and beautiful "mom" to all of these precious ladies that are coming and bringing their children. I am so thankful that God is doing an awesome work and I know that we are only going to continue to hear "glourious" reports. This is a GREAT MOTHER'S DAY WEEK REPORT!!!!! Love ya

Tracie Smith said...

She was in the altar again this morning!!!! She is suppose to be moving away in a couple of weeks. Help me pray if she does I can help get her established in a church near her.