Monday, May 26, 2008

A Memorial Weekend

Our weekend began on Friday with a trip to Galveston Island. Redonia invited Madeline, my niece to join the fun. We enjoyed lunch on the upper deck at The Spot, one of our favs. Then we took the ferry to Crystal Beach. The girls didn’t go prepared to swim but just couldn’t resist the water. Kent and I had fun relaxing in the sun to the sounds of the crashing waves. Before heading back across Houston we enjoyed a stop at Marble Slab Creamery.

Saturday, was a lazy morning around the house followed by a time of outreach in the afternoon. It just would not be right to let a Saturday go by without spending time with some of my new friends. Later that evening Redonia joined us for dinner at Rockfish Grill. Afterwards we enjoyed spending the evening relaxing at Barnes and Noble.

The past couple of years CUPC enjoyed a patriotic morning service Memorial Weekend. This service is complete with patriotic music, flag ceremony, and a tribute to our veterans. We dress patriotic casual. The red, white and blue on the stage is really pretty! This year we met back at the church for watermelon, fun and games after lunch. The children enjoy the moonwalk while many of the men enjoy playing basketball. Kent enjoyed a ride in Mike Primeaux's new Miata.

Redonia decided she would like to spend a little more time at the beach. This morning we got up and made our way back to Crystal Beach. After leaving Crystal Beach we took the ferry across to Galveston Island and enjoyed a seafood dinner at Fish Tales. Tonight my face, neck and arms looks much like the logo of a seafood chain, “Red Lobster”. I may regret the final trip in the interest of Trent’s wedding only 1.5 wks away. I am wearing a red silk dupioni suit and my skin may blend quite nicely!

Tonight as I sit in my living room thinking of our relaxing Memorial Weekend, I miss my buddy, Rev. Guy C. Broadway, a military and ministry hero. I trust across the nation we have given consideration to the reason we celebrate Memorial Day.

The flag pictured to the left was presented to the Broadway family at Bro. Broadway's funeral in honor of his many years of service to the UPCI. It was flown over the UPCI Headquarters in Saint Louis, Missouri.



Awaiting Trent to get home, I sit in my chair thankful for America! God Bless the USA!!!!

3 comments:

Belinda said...

It sounds like a fun and rewarding weekend. Checking out Bro. Primeaux's car, WOW you do have an anv. coming in a couple days hahah
Tell Bro. Smith "He Look Good" hahha

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Glad to hear you had a fun and relaxing time. Hope your burn turns into tan quick. Love you!

Kari Morgan said...

I'm glad you guys had such a good time...btw Doug is STILL as energetic as ever...I have 5 kids instead of 4...