Saturday, April 5, 2008

What a Week!

After having spent several days at the bedside of my buddy, Rev. Guy C. Broadway, he passed from this life Thursday morning. Today I spent some time in their home with a few ladies from CUPC. We enjoyed visiting with Sis. Broadway as we helped with a few housekeeping chores. So many memories flooded my thoughts as I spent quality time in the Broadway home. Tomorrow we will join the Broadway family in receiving friends and family from 2pm – 5pm at Klein Funeral Home, Magnolia. Monday we will celebrate his home going beginning at 2 pm at the CUPC Sanctuary.

Thursday afternoon many ladies from CUPC traveled to Lufkin for the Texas District Ladies Conference. We found it to be a “different” conference than previous years. We enjoyed time together most. I am thankful for each lady who made the effort to attend. Our fun times together will be cherished.

Pray the van route will be successful tomorrow. I did not have time for outreach today. I felt Sis. Broadway needed me most. I hope all my little buddies will love me anyway! We did enjoy some time of ball and cookies earlier in the week. I love all of my babies.

I hope each of you experience Pentecost tomorrow.

2 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

So sorry to hear about Bro Broadway's passing. Will remember all your requests in prayer.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

You've been busy. God is with you and will bless your devotion and commitment. The children know you love them - and they love you back. I'm waiting to read about them getting the Holy Ghost!
God bless you.