Sunday, April 27, 2008

Tired

I helped a Mom in need until after 2 am. Then I spent some time in prayer for this dear family. The alarm sounded too soon!

My brother-in-law and I had 17 adolescents, toddlers, and even babies on the van and my car this morning. What a mess! After church we solicited Redonia to sit by the babies on the way home. Also, Bro. Blackmon rode on the van to help with the fighting boys. My sister, Kristi, drove her van and I rode in the back to maintain order. After returning to the church, Kent and I took a visiting minister and family to lunch.

Upon getting home and sinking into my chair I tried to remember did I keep my eyes open while I talked during lunch. I’m afraid to take a nap for fear I’ll never get up! Sis. Broadway called and her sister is not expected to survive the week. We are going by to pray with our dear sister before church.

To all my fellow minister’s wives you know the scenario I discussed is one of revival. You also realize the pressures a harvest inflicts. Please pray for me this week. I’m very tired. I do have to go to Runyan Elementary for a birthday party tomorrow. I think otherwise I will try to rest this week.

6 comments:

Carrie Blair said...

Sis. Smith, we will be in prayer for you also...It is important to rest so you can continue to be effective. I know you are a work horse! I am here if you need anything. But is sounds to me prayer and rest will do the trick! I love you.

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Please do pray for my dear pastor's wife. She does need the rest this week. This week alone she has the b-day party she has talked about, she is speaking at a Ladies Seminar, & her son's wedding shower is all this week....not to mention all the wedding planning that still needs to be done. Ohhhh....and the shoes....don't forget the shoes....she still has to find the perfect pair of shoes. So please keep her in your prayers this week. I love you Sis. Smith.

Yvette said...

You are in my prayers! If I can be of any help while I'm here let me know! PLEASE, find some time for rest... it's a necessity!!! Love you!

Linda Elms said...

Sis. Smith, I will pray for you! I do understand the "tired to the bone" scenario. Be sure and get some rest and don't feel guilty one little bit. You are loved by all!

iluv2prshim said...

Get some rest girl! We need around and functioning to your fullest, so rest is a must! Love You! :)

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Thanks all you ladies for you prayers...

Now about the shoes...

I took care of it....

We just strolled into Payless and gotter done......

hahahaha....

And the jokes on me....