Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Peace, A Godly Inheritance

Peace is a gift or an inheritance given to us from God. Jesus does not give peace in worldly or humanly fashion. The secular remedy of gaining peace is by altering circumstances. While taking a day off, a vacation, or even enjoying nature can offer rest and relaxation, these attempts do not give inner peace.

Jesus gives peace in the midst of trouble, distress, turmoil, heartache or pressure. He has the ability to still the storm and quiet the waves. If He chooses to protect us in the storm we can rest contently in the boat knowing water can not swallow the ship. Often circumstances do not change but rather our mind and spirit changes to contain peace that passeth understanding. Keeping our mind stayed on Him helps us to realize He is always with us therefore we are always safe.

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you:
not as the world giveth, give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

10 comments:

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

I like the new music....

Rochelle said...

There is something about His peace that words can't quite express. But once you know His peace... you crave it with every fiber of your being!!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! Are you the pastors of Glenda Martin? She was one of my all-time best friends. The last I heard (last year at Texas Women's Conference) she was still in Conroe.

Staci
www.staciwilder.com

Tracie Smith said...

Babe, I haven't had time to post new music. Maybe you just heard a song that you haven't heard before....

Rochelle, you are so right! Knowing His peace is the difference.

Staci, thanks for your visit! Glenda does attend our church. She is more than an attendee. She's actually is one of those persons who makes it "go"!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Today the word, peace, has been on my mind. Your words are reassuring, and bring great Peace to my soul. Thank you.

Yvette said...

Great post Sis Smith!

Debbie Saiz said...

Nothing like the peace of God that passes all understanding.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of many a Sunday night when there would be such a sweet spirit around the altar and Bro Smith would begin to sing, and the Holy Ghost would simply saturate the sanctuary.
"Peace, Peace, Wonderful Peace.
Coming down from the Father above.
Sweep over my spirit forever I pray.
In fathomless billows of love..."

I know there are many of us a CUPC that immediately are feeling what I am feeling...

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

What would we do without God's Peace? Love, peace and a sound mind... Thank you.

iluv2prshim said...

When there is peace in the midst of the storm it is so precious. It can only come from above.