Sunday, February 17, 2008

Weekend

It's almost over! Have you ever felt relieved that Monday is on its way? CUPC enjoys small fellowship groups. The groups are divided into age groups beginning with five years of age. Our children's groups meet twice monthly. While our youth group meets weekly. College and Career meets at least monthly. The adult groups meet about every 2 months. This weekend EVERY group met to celebrate Valentines. Kent and I had the privilege of visiting each of these groups. Our youth through adult groups met in various homes. We enjoyed lots of good food and fellowship with our sweet people.

This morning a couple of children from Tall Timber's Apartments went to church with me. Of course Destiny went and she had a friend join her. It rained Saturday and prevented me from doing outreach. I know this hindered my group today. This afternoon I did meet a sweet lady who promised to visit our church. She was walking to church today and I stopped the car to meet her. I just felt she would enjoy our church. She was walking to the Church of Christ Church. I know the praise and worship at our church will be much different. I will be praying this week that she will join me Sunday. She was kind enough to give me her apartment number. I will look forward to visiting with her this week.

Our youth led the service tonight. They did an awesome job! For the 1st time ever they didn't have an adult on stage to assist them. We enjoyed all youth musicians, praise team members, and worship leaders. I was very proud of each of these youth. Additionally, our youth choir sang. One of our music team leaders, Glenda Martin, oversees the music of our youth. She did play the keyboard for the youth choir. She used one of the youth to direct the choir. Thank you, Sis. Martin, for believing in our youth and helping to achieve our vision in our youth. We KNOW the future of any church is in the youth.

After service tonight Kent and I took 3 of our outreach children to eat. I chose James Coney Island knowing there probably would not be other church members there. Most go to nicer restaurants. I felt we needed to give these sweet children some personal time. Of course after a long weekend it was hard for Kent to stay focused on the enthusiastic giggly children. Each of them thanked us repeatedly for taking them to dinner. Upon taking them home I once again felt the weight of these sweet children. I realize that if we don't make a difference in their young lives they will probably will not have much of a chance to do more than merely survive life. I hope to make a difference. I know they can go to college and become great contributors to society.

Tomorrow we will travel to Port Arthur to support our friends, the Tuttles and the McCoys, in the loss of their baby and grandbaby. I am sure this will be a sweet memorial service. Please keep Michelle and Matthew in your prayers.

Tomorrow night we are going to celebrate the engagement of Trent and Calah with Calah's Mom, siblings, and grandparents. June will be here really soon! We are looking forward to the big day. Calah and Trent spent some time Saturday begining their gift registery. They registered for china and a few other things. This is an exciting time in all of our lives!

Enjoy a blessed week!

No comments: