Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday

As I sit trying to unwind before going to bed, I have to say today I was blessed. My outreach efforts didn't bring all the persons that committed to coming. Kristi and Mickey went with me this morning so we could take 2 vans. I was saddened that while some promised to go with me to church they didn't. However, I did meet 2 brand new families today and guess what they asked for us to wait so they could dress their children. Last Sunday I meet a little girl that cried to go to Sunday School but she was sick. Yesterday she wasn't at home, however this morning she was out on her scooter. I asked if she wanted to go to Sunday School. She very enthusiastically ran to get permission from her Mom. My special friend Destiny was asleep. After a few knocks I woke her up and waited for her to get dressed.

This morning Kent preached an inspiring message on faith and burden. His message really ministered to me. Tonight our Assistant Pastor, Justin Prather was scheduled to preach. Deep and moving worship erupted during praise and worship. As people begin to respond in worship, the Lord began to miniser to needs across the sanctuary. Needless to say we didn't have preaching.

Tonight we enjoyed a surpise visit from Bro. & Sis. Whitmire from Brandon, Manitoba Canada. Bro. Whitmire is the Manitoba District Superintendent. We enjoyed fellowship with them after service. It is always refreshing to spend time with other ministers and wives. Several years ago Bro. and Sis. Whitmire visited. Later the same week we gave them a Texas tour (bluebonnets, barbeque, & etc). We ate about every hour. Tonight we enjoyed desserts at The Black Walnut Cafe.

It's a joy to serve the Lord. Today has certainly been no exception! I hope each of you enjoy a blessed week.....

2 comments:

Pastor R Kent Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Babe....

I enjoyed helping you with your little urchin friends this week....

I will be your driver whenever you need one....

The outfit looked very nice today....

However I think you did more for it than it did for you....ha

I love you....

Kent