Saturday, February 23, 2008

Planning to be Faithful

“Do not those who plot evil go astray? But those who plan what is good find love and faithfulness.”- Proverbs 14:22(NIV)

Not only do I want to find faithfulness in God and others but I want to be found faithful. This morning while reading this scripture it truly was illuminated to me. Being a third generation Pentecostal, a daughter of an awesome pastor, and now a pastor's wife surely I have heard preaching on the way to ensure faithfulness is by PLANNING what is good. I do think that too often we don't plan enough in life but rather respond to life.

This morning my prayer is simply:

God, please help me plan what is good. Never allow me to plot evil nor be apart of those who plot evil. I truly want to be found faithful to you. Jesus. I need You so much more of You than ever before. My family needs You. My children are young adults making life decisions they need You. Not only will my children need to find You faithful but I want You to find them faithful. Oh God so many that we lead in our congregation surely needs a faithful God. Help them Lord I pray to never be guilty of plotting against someone, the church, or more importantly against You. Jesus, You have always been faithful to me. I thank You for a Mother that has prayed my entire life that she desires to be faithful. God I desire that same thing, just to be faithful. I pray that Redonia and Trent will pray this same prayer. God just as we desire Your faithfulness please help us to be a mirror of what we want in You and that is Faithful. In Jesus Name, I believe it is done!

No comments: