Thursday, February 21, 2008

More Thoughts on Surrender

Surrender means give possession to another. “Thy Will be done or Lord, I thank You, for You have taken everything in Your hands, and You will resolve this for my highest good.”


The Lord is waiting for our surrender. Say farewell to fear and discouragement. We must rely blindly on God. Worrying about situations or their outcomes is not surrender. In fact it depicts we fear He does not care for us or our good. Worry speaks of a lack of trust in God. We should never worry, “How is this going to end or what is going to happen?” Giving in to this temptation demonstrates we don’t trust Him. If we trust God to handle situations we will not have to handle them nor worry about them. When He is in control we may not be able to see where He takes us. Remember He will carry us and we will not need to see.

Often it is easy to pray for God to intervene when we feel pain. It is God’s desire, however, for us to live a life that is surrendered to Him at all times. This is a life that relies on Him rather than one that just wants him to adjust or circumstances. We should not be afraid to live a surrendered life. We shouldn’t fear disasters will increase from surrendering. We must truly pray, “Father, Thy will be done”.

Following are a few things to surrender. Please feel free to leave more in the comments. I would love to add them to my prayer.
God, I totally surrender myself to You.
God, I totally surrender my will to Your will.
God, help me be Your servant.
God, help me use my talents and abilities to serve You best.
God, help me stand aside so You can work through me.
God, help me recognize You in my self.
God, help me recognize You in everyone and everything.
God, help me recognize my self.

2 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Your thoughts and words are all inspiring. If we will but surrender, I am sure we could not even comprehend what wonders He would do in our midst. Thank you again for sharing these "jewels".
khopper.blogspot.com

PS: Just found your site through Kari's blog.

Tracie Smith said...

Thanks for your comment. I do desire more of Him!