Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thanks, How Great is Our God

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. I Thessalonians 5:18

This morning I woke up with one of “those” headaches. The kind that often indicates seizure activity. We felt I should stay home from the office this morning and rest. As I sit here in my living room with things fresh and orderly and the outside so beautiful I have been reminded of Him. Playing on my blog playlist is “How Great is Our God” by Chris Tomlin. Truly God is great.

I have enjoyed looking out at the trees waving their branches in the bright blue sky. While looking out at the back lawn I have observed pretty little birds playing in the sunshine. Behind our home just at the woods edge I observed a little bunny nibbling the green grass. Across the center of the lawn a little grey squirrel scurried to a tree. The grass is turning green and many of the perennials are budding. It appears springtime is almost here.

Focusing on the quite peaceful things of creation has been refreshing. Though staying home from the office was for a negative reason, I truly give thanks to God that I’ve had this time alone with Him. It has reminded me of the beauty of the little creatures outside and how thankful I am for my beautiful home. Just as God takes care of the little creatures I know God takes care of you and me. Sing with me this morning, How Great is Our God!

2 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Beautiful, heartwarming post. The further down I read, the Greater My Lord and His Glory became. Thank you for readjusting my day.

Tracie Smith said...

Thanks for your kind remarks. Sometimes I get too busy doing all the right things and forget the purpose of the things I do. I feel the Lord readjusted my day.