Monday, August 3, 2009

Think with Me. . .

"If you are loved, but never love in return..attach but never combine..trip but never fall..be trustworthy but never trust..and dream but never become..then you will exist but never live." ~ author unknown

Obviously, you just read the quote but go back and READ it again! Wow!!!! If you stop and think about it this is a TOTALLY amazing thought. I don't want to merely exist in a relationship.

It is so easy to be truly loved yet just be kind and not express love in return. I think it would not be long until this relationship completely vanished. Then think of oil and water they just never combine. You can stir them really well but as soon as you stop they are immediately separated again. Actually, they never did combine. I don't want to be this way the Lord or with my relationships. I want to be blended. I want to be one with the Lord and my husband.

I believe being trustworthy is something we should strive to become. On the other hand if we don't trust others it produces a negativity and causes others to not trust us. An important step in becoming trustworthy is trusting others. Often our own faults cause us to fear the same in others.

Sadly I know people who have huge dreams but never achieve them. Normally these are people who never begin to embark on the simple things. They dream of things so big they can't accomplish rather than set their eyes on something simple and reaching the mark. I believe by putting action to our dreams we can reach any dream or goal. With Christ all things are possible but I believe even with him it takes faith and WORKS.

Existing is coasting thru life not giving anything in return but living life as it should be lived requires something in return. God, help me this week to not only be a hearer of the Word but a doer. To not only be loved but to love. Let me do my part......

Blessing to each of you for a profitable week.....

3 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Wonderful post. It was my devotion for today.

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Thought-provoking for sure!!!!

Carrie said...

Good stuff Sis. Smith!