Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Funny Man

Seriously I'm married to a very funny guy. In fact his great sense of humour is what attracted me to him besides the fact that Joyce McClain was a HUGE factor of match making. I love him so much. Sometimes he is funny and not in a humorous way. Today was one of those days.

For some reason Kent has been frustrated with me for not updating my blog more often. He said he was even going to post about it in one of my comments. When have I had time???? He just fussed at me and told me I needed to do something about it. He said you need to write about all that you are doing this week. I wanted to scream because the many things I'm doing I haven't had time to slow down to write. However, the submissive wife that I am here I am typing away when I only have a few minutes before I need to leave.

So in honor of the funny guy here it goes.....

Sunday we had 200 visitors! Yeah all you people involved in ministry rejoice with me since that's what I would be doing with you. But before you rejoice too loud and strong you all KNOW with growth comes lots of toil and work. This week I've been busy restructuring Sunday School to be able to accommodate the growth we will have in our classes Sunday. We added two brand new classes. Easy as it may seem it is WORK! I have encouraged every teacher to be MOST flexible Sunday. We don't know how many children will show nor do we know their ages or grades.

Well Sunday the bus route took 1.5 hours and 9 vehicles to pick up all the passengers. This can't happen every week. This week I divided the route. Beginning Sunday we will have 2 routes. My faith isn't strong that all the kids will return. I try to be very honest. Hence, honestly I must say some came for the free school supplies only. However, honestly, I know we will at least double our size. Hence, our add on route will be 2 vans. Of course this means we can't have as many workers as we had Sunday because workers take up space. However, I must double my normal bus route workers. Tonight I will meet with new bus route crews after service.

Ok I hope this blog will suffice my sweet and funny husband. I love him so much. He has provided me the opportunity to work this week and blog!

7 comments:

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

finallyyyyyyy..................

Anonymous said...

I feel for you Sis Smith. When you are running and racing, pushing and prodding, and working and re-working an idea...it is VERY hard to take the time and in a sense, verbalize it.

I am constantly amazed by how much you do blog and keep up with people on fb too. If it were me, my husband would be wanting to know where his share of the time was!

Congrats on all the visitors and hopeful new Sunday school children. Saw the bus the other day - how cute.

Love ya,

Amanda Rankin

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing, and taking time to blog.

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Rejoicing with you and sooooo very excited to be apart!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Between the lines I read of a church filled with love, labor, and the Lord. Love reading about your bus ministry. Takes me back to the days when involved in that ministry. So rewarding.

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Sis Karen....

Between the lines Tracie is working me to death.....

haha

Unknown said...

Just an idea... you can blog from your phone... as a text message... there are instructions on the blogspot.com page