Thursday, August 20, 2009

Excited about Dots


Almost 2 years ago I guess I was seized with a burden for children while doing outreach. While knocking doors I wasn't getting much adult interest. So without planning, etc at one door from somewhere deep within I cried out if your children would like to go to church tomorrow I would love them to ride on our church van with me. It started just like that!!! I begin with two children. From there it has grown to quite a large group of children.

In March we purchased an old yellow school bus. We immediately put it in the shop and had it painted white. Today we took it to have bright colored dots and our logo added. I'm super duper excited with the outcome!!!!

Saturday we will be taking the bus through the streets of Conroe in search of new kids. I'm certain it will require the bus, van, and possibly a car or two to bring all the kids to church. While I've been excited about outreach Saturday picking up the bus this afternoon fueled the excitement. This morning I told Kent that I fully expect in only a few short months to be in need of another bus.

I'm praying for dedicated loving nurturing Sunday School teachers. In order for God to increase our crowd He will need to add to our Sunday School Staff, too. We must reach these children before they are reached by drug dealers and gangs. I believe God is going to send the workers.

Will someone join me in a loud shout of praise for this adorable bus?

THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

So excited for you! Love the polka dots!

The Bus Ministry in my home church of Fresno, CA was started by Bro. Layne and has been going since the 60s. When another church in town decided to discontinue their bus ministry, the pastor said, "Don't worry about the children, Truth Tabernacle will get them!"

Bus ministry works!! Can't wait to hear about your second bus...

Karen Wehrle said...

Your bus is darling!! Ours is bright green. But I love the dots on yours. I'm happy for you!! Pray for our bus ministry director. He is in the hospital with fluid around his heart. They think it's viral. The devil is a liar!! Again, congratulations on your cute bus!!

Sis. Susan Roen said...

YES!!!!! (my shout!)

Karen J. Hopper said...

Love the bus ministry. My husband and I oversaw the young peoples bus in Fresno for years. It was such a blessing, and it was a soul winning station. God bless you richly.

Tracie Smith said...

Sis. Wehrle I will pray for your Bus Ministry Director. I know you need him well immediately. God knows, too!

Keith and Carla said...

Love it!!!