Friday, August 14, 2009

Lesson Learned from a Lion

Lions roar to communicate with other lions and scare other animals away. I Peter 5:8 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" The devil is much like a lion seeking to devour. Satan uses the same tactic as a lion in the jungle.

Just as a lion uses the roar to communicate so does Satan utilize loud boisterous intimidating voices. Never do I want to be a voice used of Satan. Remember the intimidating roar is Satan's tactic to wear you down emotionally and spiritually.

II Corinthians 2:11 "Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices." Knowing scripture says he is seeking as a lion we must be sober and vigilant in order to resist Satan.

Often loud roars come against the Word of God. Satan isn't against us as inidividuals rather against Jesus Christ. However, we must not be ignorant to Satan's devices. He wants to fight against every Scriptural Doctorine by fighting against the saints of God and the church. It is important to know what we believe and be vigilant (keenly aware, watchful, alert) to withstand Satan trying to erode the Word of God in our hearts. Upon hearing the roaring intimidating tactics we should easily be able to mark it as a roar of Satan.

As I young child my Dad was preaching a Biblical truth in a very calm teaching manner. He was using a lot of scripture and very little dialogue of his own. This created such an uproar in the spirit world. The next service Dad preached on the Love of God. During this service some visitors who I don't recall seeing charged thru the back door and began to display demonic activity. I was frightened. Days after all this happened our church broke into a most incredible revival. Since this point in my life I have witnessed on several occassions when Biblical truths are taught people who do not believe or agree becomve very aggressive.

This morning in devotion I sit hear with the scripture that I have previously quoted rolling thru my thoughts. "For we are not ignorant of his devices." Churches use to have testimony services. While I know why most churches strayed from this time of 'sharing' I do believe that hearing testimonies of what God did for someone else added strength to others.

Last evening I had opportunity to talk with someone on the phone. This person began to tell about how great revival broke out during her Dad teaching some Biblical Doctorines. What a strengthening testimony to all of us. The Devil roars and wants to intimidate preachers from teaching the Bible. This week Kent received a phone call from one of his leaders that was a most encouraging phone call. I think our testimonies can be used to encourage others against the roar of Satan appearing as a lion seeking whom he may devour.

I pray for every church to be filled with the power of the Holy Ghost tomorrow. I pray the blood of Jesus will be able to flow offering hope and mercy. I pray the stripes applied to Jesus Christ will do their healing work. Greater is He that is in us than he that is in the World. I pray each of us will be separate from the world living a holy Godly life as He is holy. I truly believe as we decrease or allow the things of the world to decrease in us He will increase bringing great victory.

3 comments:

K. Wehrle said...

Thanks for your encouraging words tonight!! That lion had been roaring in my ear. Hope you have fantastic church tomorrow!

Linda Elms said...

Tracie, I appreciate your blog and what you write. Love you!

Tracie Smith said...

Thanks Sis. Wehrle and Sis. Elms you both are very precious ladies to me, my presbyter's wife and our district secretary's wife. I know you both can understand my writings on this post. Happy to report tonight we had AMAZING church! Sis. Elms we need to get together with yall soon. Sis. Wehrle, when can we do lunch? I'd like to spend some time with you soon. Much love and respect for you both!