Saturday, August 22, 2009

Today Finally Arrived!

Today has taken forever to arrive. Oh I know it will be long, hot, tiring, etc but when you are excited about something it doesn't matter about the few little obstacles.

Outreach is the goal of the day. We will be distributing water and invitations to our Back 2 School Bash this morning @ Baskins Department Store. Then this afternoon we will fill the bus with people headed out to apartment complexes. We are going to invite people to church and distribute snocones.

Often in counseling with people I'm told it's my Daddy or Mother's fault. Today it is my Daddy's fault that I am so excited. Almost every Saturday my dad woke up excited about the prospect of outreach. I walked many streets with him. I also remember when Dad bought a big school bus and was excited to drive the streets in it. It really is my Daddy's fault. He made me where I'm driven for outreach. He filled me with this desire. He made me where I can't help myself.

Daddy, I'm going to do it just like you taught me today. If a door gets slammed in my face I'm going to say as I walk away, "Well, you just wont know what you are missing behind that ole slammed door" If a dog barks at me I'm going to say "In Jesus Name". If I see a bad situation I'm not going to wait and pray later but I'm going to ask if I can pray with them right then and there. Daddy you are still my hero!!!! Thanks for teaching me so many things.

I'm so happy today has arrived....let me run.....I want to hurry to the streets!

PS Daddy look down from heaven tomorrow and see all the people who will be in church because of your teachings!!!!!! Just think if you would not have died you could have been here helping.....

3 comments:

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Beautiful!!! I almost want to do another B2S Rally tonight!!! I am praying that many kids and parents will be reached today and tomorrow!! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I hope today exceeds all expectations for you!
Love you! Darla

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Awesome! This post made me cry. I'm so thankful your father instilled this burden in you to share with all of us. It was fun today and so worth the 100 degree weather. All this and much much more for the Man upstairs. Much much love to you! You are the bomb!