Thursday, July 30, 2009

Just Thinkin'.......

The following quotes are NOT be be READ by Pastor R. Kent Smith but rather were journaled on this blog site to inspire the blog author to leap, jump, let go!!!! Well, honestly the aforementioned sentence was in jest but my sweet husband does inspire me. Honestly, at times he scares me! He is a person of incredible faith hence CUPC is a wonderful ministry. While other pastors at our stage in ministry would prefer to be comfortable he still dares to risk, dream, and GROW.

While trying spend a few moments in devotion I realize scripture reading tonight will put me to sleep. Often to get me thinking I read a few poems or quotes. Tonight the following leaped to me. My dear blogging friends, I hope these quotes will inspire you, too!

ENJOY ~


"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"~ Frank Scully

"Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible"~ Cadet Maxim

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly."~ Robert F. Kennedy

"We must walk consciously only part way toward our goal and then leap in the dark to our success. "~ Henry David Thoreau

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I... I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."~ Robert Frost

"If you risk nothing, then you risk everything."~ Geena Davis

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."~ Mark Twain

"The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you. Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."~ William Jennings Bryan

3 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Love these quotes. Sometimes there is so much wisdom in just a few words or sentences.

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Great quotes!

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts. Always enjoy your blog