Friday, July 24, 2009

Rambling Update

Maybe I have writer's block. Maybe I'm busy. Maybe I'm feeling disconnected from my blog. Maybe it's just Summer. Maybe it's because I'm on Facebook and don't have time...maybe maybe maybe actually all of the above are TRUE reasons I haven't been blogging.

Today I had the privilege of spending a little bit of time with two of my blogging friends, Sis. Elms and Sis. Guidroz. It wasn't planned out that way but it happened. I love spontaneous happenings. They are always BEST! We all met with our good looking husbands at Starbucks in Lufkin. Soon after in walks my Father in Law. Of course, I went to their car and had my Mother in law join the party, too. Only moments later, a life long friend LeRoy Long walked in. Of course I went to their vehicle and got Sis. Elaine to walk in, also. Not much equals friends.

Last evening we had friends come from Louisiana and East Texas. We enjoyed dinner with the Whites from Silsbee, the Booths from Deridder, and the Christensens from Dequincy. We enjoyed Changs and the Chocolate Bar. This was their first introduction to the Chocolate Bar. I think everyone LOVED it!!! Yummmm

Although we are in the middle of summer Kent and I have been busy of late planning and mobilizing for more growth and revival at CUPC. We've found that as soon as one program or department begins running smoothly it is time to begin the next phase....we are in Phase 1 million, I guess! Never time for much idleness. Even on vacation we work on dreams, plans, and goals.

I will do better with blogging eventually! I enjoy reading blogs and have been sad because many people have forsaken their writings....guess we are enjoying Summer....

Hope everyone enjoys a blessed weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for blogging again. I always enjoy your inspiration and uplifting words. Also enjoy reading about the revival in your area. Please keep it up

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Tracie, I always look for a new blog from you.....some I really enjoy and some are down right preaching material. You inspire me in so many ways and I appreciate a whole bunch connecting in this way! By the way, you are right....we just finish one event, one activity, one project, one "re-do" and we have to move right on to the next one!!!!!! No time for resting in past achievements....just time for giving glory to God. Love you!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Miss you in blogging world but do understand that you have a very busy life, with so many "hats" to wear. I join Facebook Friday, and I am finding it keeps me pretty busy too.