Sunday, June 29, 2008

Busy - June

The past few weeks have been busy. Redonia and I enjoyed a weekend getaway to Southlake. Katherine and David George celebrated my 45th birthday with us. After the Mrs. Texas Pageant we enjoyed a birthday dinner at Copeland’s. Katherine did not come home with the Mrs. Texas crown , however, she did win the Career Achievement Award and the Interview Award. Many contestants did not win any awards. We were proud of Katherine’s success.

June started off in grand style with Trent and Calah's wedding. Followed by Texas District Camp Meeting. We’ve been busy with church, quiz finals, school, and the fireworks warehouse. CUPC is in one of those stages of enjoying success. Praise the Lord! Our senior quizzers placed 3rd in the district and are headed to nationals. The fireworks warehouse is experiencing tremendous sales. The church is enjoying lots of visitors. Tonight a co-worker of one of our men was baptized and received the Holy Ghost. Our Spanish church celebrated their fifth anniversary this weekend. Two new people were baptized in their service today.

A dear friend, Andrea Smith, who recently began attending CUPC with her family passed from this life tonight after a long battle with Cancer. Andrea’s funeral will be later in the week. I know God will bring comfort to this sweet family.

Thursday Kent and I will celebrate our 26th Wedding Anniversary. Our current plan is to leave Thursday morning for a week of rest and relaxation. The trip will begin in New Orleans compliments of CUPC. Later we will head south to the Alabama/Florida Gulf Coast. Our trip may be postponed a day or two due to Andrea’s memorial service. I look forward to a few days of rest. After a few days away we always return to the church refreshed and rejuvenated for another round of success!! God always strengthens our vision during these times of relaxation.

5 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

What a whirlwind you are in at the present. But in watching pustors' wives, I think it is almost power for the course (that is why we need to hold pastors' help-meets in prayer). Happy Anniversary, and you enjoy your time away.

Rochelle said...

Wow... you have had quite a month!!! And congrats to all the wonderful things going on in your church! Our Sr Quizzers will be in Nationals as well! Yay! Keilani's season is over and I have to say I am happy about it. She has worked so hard and had a great year. Enjoy your trip away. Happy anniversary!!

Kari Morgan said...

Oh I am glad you guys have a getaway planned! I'm sorry about your friend. I love reading your blog, it brings back so many memories of the time we spent with you guys there in Conroe.
I can't believe how fast time has flown.

Keith and Carla said...

Glad you had a good time this past weekend.

Wishing you and your "boyfriend" a very Happy Anniversary!

Jana Allard said...

I am late on all the wishes, but I hope you and your honey had great birthdays and a happy anniversary. My husband has a year left until the big 5 - 0. I'm a year ahead of your husband so I guess we are "old folks." LOL Tracie, where in the world is time going?!?!?!?

The pageant sounded like great fun! I love that kind of stuff.