Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Block - Busy - Bored

To blog or not to blog today is indeed the question for me! Is it blogger’s block, business, or boredom? According to Performancing Helping Bloggers Succeed good writers know bloggers block happens and deals with it! Everyone who writes for a living encounters block now and then. Some just plow through it, others seek inspiration elsewhere. No matter which method you like to use, it's good to know blocks are temporary conditions easily overcome by a break or distraction.

My block isn’t necessarily because I don’t have anything to tell. Kameron, my Missionary Kid nephew from Argentina, flew in yesterday; the church surprised us Sunday night with a getaway trip to New Orleans July 3 & 4 for our wedding anniversary, reservations are for the Ritz Carlton and money was given for our expenses and fun; Texas Camp Meeting was filled with awesome worship, preaching, and lots of time with friends; we are experiencing great church; and on and on I could write.

For some reason when I sit down to write it just hasn’t flowed. Interestingly enough according to updates on Google Reader, you my blogging friends, are having some of the same struggles. Life is busy or maybe slow with summer and you can’t seem to get busy. Maybe life has become boring for a season without new happenings. An original purpose of me blogging was to expand my boundaries and connect with minister’s wives far and near. Maybe we are connecting thru my block. I can see many of you don’t have much to write about either.

Today I could post my devotion, give a scripture or song but simply did not feel to post either. Ok, I did beat the block and posted a basically worthless blog! Maybe in the days to come I can post something more substantial.

5 comments:

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Oh, dear, Tracie! My next blog will kind of go with yours......I don't have time to finish it now, but the title is Bible, (note)Book, Black pen and a BLANK! What is this???????

iluv2prshim said...

Oh My! I know the feeling. :) Maybe you'll feel refreshed after your trip to New Orleans. Happy Anniversary!

Keith and Carla said...

LOL! This is exactly how I've been feeling. Plenty has been going on, I just don't feel to post it.

Susan Hill said...

Well Tracie, you are sure encouraging me!! I've been blogging 2 days and see what I have to look forward to!! LOL! Trent's wedding looked gorgeous in pics. Can you believe that our kids are old enough to be married? Misti's 1st anniversary is this weekend! I'm not a "Nana" yet, though! Still being mommy to this next generation that I've had! Would love to see you guys!

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Susan...

Please explain to Steven that fathering your own grandchildren is not the idea....

He could waited a year or two to have real grandkids...

Ha....

You must come see us next time you are here to see the family...

rks