Friday, April 23, 2010

Seeking? He is Interceeding!

Before my husband asked me to marry him I began to feel such horrific frustration of wanting to know God’s will for my life. Little did I understand I was really seeking His will for my spouse and not His will for my life. It seemed it was such a huge nagging feeling that once I settled the issue all of the other issues in life would be settled. How funny that seems these 29 years later! It was really only the beginning.

I have learned that finding His will means I must continue doing what I know to do and God will take care of my steps otherwise. Yesterday I shared with a minister since coming to Conroe Kent has never tried out for another church nor inquired about another church. We know that God sent us to Conroe and should He ever direct us differently He will open the door. In the mean time we do not have to expend our energy walking around searching doors rather our energy needs to be spent doing the things He has called us to do in Conroe.

As a pastor’s wife the “will of God’ comes up often with young people and r mature adults, too. I’ve prayed many prayers about the will of God for people. Often young ministers and those trying to decide if they are called to ministry become so consumed in the process of finding “the will”. Some stop ministering and begin seeking where God wants them to be or what He wants them to do. Our daughter, Redonia, has the most incredible insight to this turmoil. Being a PK and having often heard the conversations with others has sent her on a quest for the answer. Recently she stated to her Dad and me, “If so and so is really feeling God is leading them to do ______ then why are they not doing that here? How do they think God is leading them somewhere else when they can do the same thing here and are not?” All we could say was “Good questions, Redonia!” She didn’t let the conversation die but passionately talked about Conroe has every opportunity of any other city or any mission field. She questioned if a person really feels God leading them somewhere else maybe they should get some practice or experience here before moving on. We explained sometimes people become consumed seeking God’s will and they miss out on God’s work and pleasure for the day. Of course she agreed and said that is exactly what she was trying to say!

It’s Graduation time and this week I’ve been praying for our high school seniors. I know this is a time when they are trying to soar into new heights. I don’t want these young adults to be so consumed with trying to figure out the “will” that they miss a key moment of opportunity today. Every day they must continue to walk and do whatever it is they know to do that is good. God will take care of the rest.

Ironically this morning as I read a devotional from crosswalk.com the catchy title “Eaves dropping on Jesus” caught my attention and opened my thinking. A scripture used was Romans 8:34 (NAS) “Who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us.” How amazing to think we are on God’s prayer list – He intercedes for us!

Today I plan to do the wonderful things for God that present themselves to me knowing with God I am fulfilled and do not need more to satisfy. He knows my needs and it gives me great confidence knowing He prays for me and will direct my path.

2 comments:

Mary said...

What a wonderful blog, I enjoyed reading it today. When we are seeking the will of God, we must remind ourselves that we must be of value where we are in order to be of value somewhere else. No matter where or how old...we can be of Value. Thanks for sharing link on FB.

Love and blessings to you,
Mary Smith

Keith and Carla said...

Well written!!!