Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Be Still

This morning I’ve been humming the chorus “Be Still and Know I am God”. It has such a peaceful melody. After continuously humming the song I thought I would read the scripture from Psalm 46:10 (NIV)"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

What would really happen in our lives if we took time to ‘be still’? Be still and stop worrying about children, home, career, finances, problems, family, politics, government, friends, marriage, pressures, and the past. What would happen if we could for a few moments cease to dwell (to linger over, emphasize, or ponder in thought, speech, or writing) on the thoughts which consume our minds and realize or know that He is God.

Simply knowing He is God may not change the situations in our lives but knowing He is God gives us the ability to stop worrying or fretting over those situations we cannot change. It empowers us to know the one that is able to change every circumstance. Every day I want to be still and allow Him to be sovereign.

1 comment:

Manumanums said...

Sis. Tracie:

I know that you have a great Sunday School Ministry at your church by reading your blog.....and I don't know how far away you live from this other Sis (Si. Jana Allard)....but this was on her blog. They have busses for sale! http://janaallard.blogspot.com/ Hope this helps.

My grandmother had such a burden for children too and this was noted over and over again at her funeral a couple of weeks ago. She had taught Sunday School for over 50 years and had picked up SS Children for 20 or 30 years that I can remember in her big Ford. In fact....one memory that was brought out by some of the SS Children that came to pay their respects is that one Sunday morning there were 17 kids in the car (in the back window and packed like sardines everywhere)....and Grammy arrived at the church crying because she had left one child at home....couldn't fit them in.

God Bless you all!