Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fresh Start for Strong Faith!


This morning my routine of web devotions led me to the following as my very first scripture:


Ephesians 2:14 (Amplified Bible)
14For He is [Himself] our peace (our bond of unity and harmony). He has made us both [Jew and Gentile] one [body], and has broken down (destroyed, abolished) the hostile dividing wall between us,

Ephesians 2:14 (The Message)
14-15The Messiah has made things up between us so that we're now together on this, both non-Jewish outsiders and Jewish insiders. He tore down the wall we used to keep each other at a distance. He repealed the law code that had become so clogged with fine print and footnotes that it hindered more than it helped. Then he started over. Instead of continuing with two groups of people separated by centuries of animosity and suspicion, he created a new kind of human being, a fresh start for everybody.

Have you ever needed a fresh start? I certainly have needed a new beginning more than once in my life. In fact there have been days as a Mother I realized it wasn’t my children but rather me that needed a fresh start. I had gotten in the habit of seeing their bad behavior, saying no before really considering what they were asking feeling grouchy, etc. Then often I have made mistakes while not even necessarily sinful in nature mistakes they were. During time of mistake I needed someone to give me a fresh start. Maybe I was too temperamental and it hindered my relationship with my husband or others surrounding me.

This scripture is really an eye-opener to me….every day God has a fresh start planned for me. All of my faults and failures from yesterday or wiped away. It’s up to me to walk in that fresh start! A fresh start leds to STRONG faith!

No comments: