Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Open Letter to Ladies of CUPC

Ladies,

I hope each of you are enjoying a wonderful week. I have been busy catching up from a few days of being in Saint Louis. I am looking forward to Mid.point tonight and hope to see each of you! Sunday night I spoke of some alarming details given at our Minister’s Wives Breakfast. We were warned that children are being targeted by the enemy. They are being targeted by media, books, etc. While I realize each family is busy trying to meet budgets, homework demands, work schedules, etc I feel to warn each of you to not be too busy for God and church. These times demand more of God and the influence of church and not less.

I mentioned Sunday night I would be contacting the Montgomery County Library Central located in Conroe. Thankfully our library does not allow children to take any books from the library without using the standard checkout procedure. Sis. Nunez went to the public school where one of her children attend. She got some frustrating news. The counselor has been fighting some of the books but has not been successful due to the power the librarian possesses. This confirms one of the points given in the meeting I attended. I have not visited Barnes and Noble nor Hastings at this point.

Yesterday, Bro. Smith and I spent a considerable amount of time with a family not members of CUPC. They had just left a counseling center a block away from CUPC. This family is dealing with serious issues with their children. Immediately I remembered points discussed at the breakfast in St. Louis.

Last evening while catching up on the news I visited Click 2 Houston.com I read a very alarming story about an attempt to abduct a 13 yr old girl http://www.click2houston.com/news/21218304/detail.html This troubled me and I was reminded of my commitment to more prayer for children. This morning my sister, Vicki, sent me a MOST alarming news article from Conroe. Vicki didn’t attend conference and knew nothing of my increased awareness of the need for prayer for children. The article was similar to the one I read about the 13 yr old in Houston but this time it involves a 10 year old girl on Ave J in Conroe. This is in our outreach area. The little girl is a student @ Travis, a school many of our outreach children attend.

I am asking each of you to join me in praying for children both within and out of the church. I am also asking that we become more committed to prayer, Bible reading, and faithfulness to church. Notice the order I listed the previous items (prayer, Bible, faithfulness to church) while I believe their importance is in that order I KNOW that they begin in the reverse order. For the most part people with inconsistent in church attendance do not read their Bibles or pray. Girls, services and things of the church are important to your spiritual lives. I love each of you and desire nothing more than God’s protection and best for each of you and your families.

Much love,
Sis. Smith

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sis. Tracie. I have been very concerned for quite some time about the things that are inticing our children today. I got a good awakening when I started reading some of the young people's comments on an "apostolic" website. Some of the books that were mentioned that they were reading and saying "there's nothing wrong with this." Where are the "watchmen on the wall?" We need to get back to the basics!! I also thought Sis. Kim Haney's message was on course, very enlightening for us all if we only will listen.