Monday, October 19, 2009

A Night of Fun Memories



This evening my sister in law, Courtney, called and asked if I was busy. Monday nights are normally a bit of a rest night. I had decided we were having hot dogs for dinner because it's easy. I told her our plans for the evening. She asked if I could keep Kyleigh for a couple of hours.

Kyleigh is recovering from H1N1 and I knew she didn't need to run up and down the stairs like she normally enjoys. So I tried to think of something to occupy her. Madeline and I enjoy baking cookies together so I decided Kyleigh may be old enough to give it a try. Much to my surprise she LOVED baking the cookies and did an awesome job decorating them, too.

We made sugar cookies. I purchased a can of white frosting. I divided the frosting into smaller containers. Kyleigh loved adding red and yellow food coloring to one dish and watching it turn orange. The other bowl we opted to add yellow food coloring only.

After the cookies were baked she enjoyed spreading the frosting on the warm cookies. Then she added orange, green, and yellow sugars. She decorated the cookies with candy corn and mellow cream pumpkins.

Kyleigh and I decided we needed to share the cookies. We prepared a platter for Grammy and Popsie, one for her Papa, and one for her to take home. Just as were finishing Grammy brought Mallorie over to see our candle-lit pumpkins and cookies. Kyleigh was so excited that Mallorie enjoyed a cookie.

Courtney and I enjoyed a warm cup of carmel apple cider with cinnamon, sugar and whipped cream with a fresh baked cookie decorated by Kyleigh. I love spending time with my family. Making memories with them is a very valuable part of my life.

I hope you enjoyed the slide show....

Happy Fall!!!!

No comments: