Friday, October 9, 2009

Is This True Today?

Jeremiah 7:8-11 The Message Translation:

Get smart! Your leaders are handing you a pack of lies, and you're swallowing them! Use your heads! Do you think you can rob and murder, have sex with the neighborhood wives, tell lies nonstop, worship the local gods, and buy every novel religious commodity on the market—and then march into this Temple, set apart for my worship, and say, "We're safe!" thinking that the place itself gives you a license to go on with all this outrageous sacrilege? A cave full of criminals! Do you think you can turn this Temple, set apart for my worship, into something like that? Well, think again. I've got eyes in my head. I can see what's going on.'" God's Decree!

What a thought provoking decree! We can not allow the accepted ideals of our society into the church. Just because it's tolerated in our generation doesn't mean it's SAFE.

4 comments:

Linda Weldon said...

LOVE this post!! It sounds as thought it was written specifically for these times we are living in! Thank you for this message today Sis. Smith - Love you lots!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Couldn't agree more.

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Amen! Preach it, Tracie!!!!

Anonymous said...

I read the scripture with the interpretation. Right on the mark!I'm going to use this scripture in the future. GREAT THOUGHTS!!!!
Thanks....
On another level..I love the receipes on "Charming Hospitality"
I've used some of them.