Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thanks

In every thing give thanks...I Thessalonians 5:18
Redonia has been very ill the past two days. A couple of doctor's trips, iv's from The Infusion Center, and several trips to the pharmacy later I realize that though we've spent a small fortune I do have some things to be thankful for.
First, I'm thankful that I have been able to spend quality time with Redonia. I've been reminded over and over again the past two days the strength that she has. Secondly, I have been reminded what a privilege it is to be a Mom. Nurturing a dehydrated child, attempting to cool the fevered brow, massaging the headache, and covering the chilled body are all privileges that are apart of Motherhood.
Certainly I would much prefer that Redonia would not have strep, ear infections, Influenza A and the other aches and pains that go along with these illnesses. However it has been during this time of sickness that I have had the privilege to sit and watch her try to sleep through 104 plus degree fever, sneezing, and etc that I have realized how no matter the age of the child it is such a privilege to be a mother.
I know that motherhood isn't the ultimate goal for most ladies as in years past. However, for me I must say motherhood is still one of the most important roles in my life. Redonia and Trent I truly love you both. I'm glad you call me Mom.

No comments: