Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happenings

2008 is off to a most incredible start! Each year I enjoy recounting the blessings of the Lord from the previous year. Additionally, I enjoy assessing areas of personal development and successes. This of course helps me in establishing goals and objectives for the new year. Retrospectively, I realize I need to spend more time at home. I believe that by spending more time at home I can be a healthier person. Life gets busy and many times even too busy for quiet times with God. I endeavor to maintain a home that is peaceful, quiet, and orderly. However, if I don't spend enough time at home I can often miss out on those quiet times of meditation. Another personal goal is to help our family to become healthier. This goal is off to a very slow start but little by little we are going to reach it! Another goal that we have as a family each year is to experience growth in our church. If the growth we are experiencing in many areas of our church continues we will be in great trouble by year end. This is the kind of church trouble that I can tolerate! I enjoy making a difference in the lives of children. I currently have a few of these projects that I'm working on....so far these little projects are doing pretty awesome, too.

Our family is growing! Trent proposed to his beautiful girlfriend, Calah, just before Christmas. The wedding will be June 7th. We are excited about their upcoming wedding. Not only will we enjoy Calah in our family but she will be a great asset to CUPC. Trent loves music and Calah! Seriously Trent has many great qualities. He is a thinker, a most talented musician, and most importantly a leader.

Redonia is our beautiful daughter. She adds much creativity to our every day life. She took a short break from college but started back this semester. She has so many talents and interests that she is having a hard time deciding on a major. She loves teaching, music, graphics, helping people, and being Daddy's little girl! At the young age of 19 she began a graphics design business. She is my favorite designer.

Kent is always busy this time of year casting his vision for our church leadership team as well as our entire church family. He is very compassionate and the most selfless person I know. He is a mentor to many young ministers. Sometimes I have to take a number to talk with him. He receives phones calls and emails every day from these young ministers. He has exuberant faith! He loves Conroe and desires nothing more than to see our church continue to grow. He dreams daily of building a new church plant. Both Kent and Trent have some pretty awesome plans for Conroe.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

Our love for your family only grows deeper as the days pass by. You are an inspiration to us in many ways, and you have taught us so very much. Love ya bunches The Albas

Tracie Smith said...

And I love The Albas!!!!! After six years of you helping us in Conroe, I feel you are family. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.