Saturday, January 26, 2008

Passionate Purposeful Prudent

Of late the words passionate, purposeful and prudent have consumed my thoughts. These words best identify the way I am endeavoring to live my life. I desire a more passionate relationship with God. I sincerely believe that by living a passionate life I can better serve Him. Too ofen my life in ministry has been spent in a responding mode. While I realize as a pastor's wife much of my life is spent in service to others I must serve Him more than I serve others. I am endeavoring to prioritize my days. I want to give careful attention to the things that are of real purpose. Many times the demands that I put on myself or even some that others put on me aren't really what God sees as the purpose for a particular day or period of time. I don't want to let things overshadow my true purpose. I desire to be mindful in regards to the details of His will for my life as well as personal goals. A prudent lifestyle is of utmost importance to me. I find myself praying more and more for wisdom. I want to be careful to think through decisions especially those that are life changing decisions. Most times a single decision may not cause a great change immediately but over time the value of the decision seems greater and often times greatly affects others. It is truly my desire to have good judgment and wisdom in all I do. I truly feel this year I must and will accomplish living a more passionate purposeful prudent life for Christ!

No comments: