Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mid.Point

We enjoyed an awesome service tonight. My week has been fast, furious, crazy, wild and I'm not sure what other adjective(s) I should use to best describe it!

I rarely miss prayer service before any service. You guessed it, I did tonight. Both church secretaries needed me in their offices prior to service. One of our outreach children wanted to show me school work which was most important since Sunday was Report Card Sunday and I've been encouraging her to do better. The Children's Ministry Director had a crisis...oops I didn't even make it upstairs to help her even after being reminded to do so. My husband waited in line patiently to ask me an important question but by the time I finally got to him he couldn't remember what it was! Our Attendance Clerk had an important question. A single Mom needed to talk. While we were talking a toddler escaped the nursery. I rescued the toddler escapee. These were only a few demands....

While in the office trying to go to the sanctuary to pray, I heard a strange voice in the speaker. The voice was strange yet familiar. As I listened more closely I thought I heard the voice of my Dad. Suddenly I realized it was Trent leading worship. Normally I teach the youth on Wednesday's but tonight was Youth Choir Practice. I haven't had the opportunity to hear Trent. Wow...Trent never had the priviledge of meeting my Dad yet he sounded just like him.

Trent's passion for worship caused me to rush with my responsibilities and scurry to the sanctuary. I was priviledge to enjoy the fresh sweet anointing as worship filled the church! I knew with the powerful worship service we were sure to enjoy a wonderful Bible Study. Kent is such an awesome teacher during our Mid.Point Service. Tonight, however, the teaching turned to preaching and for those few minutes all the pressures I have dealt with this week left. Once again I realized how dependent I am on the presence of God.

No comments: