Sunday, January 27, 2008

A favorite recipe

One of my most favorite meals is Pasta Milano from Romano's Macaroni Grill. I have worked with the recipe until I think I have created something that is amazingly similar! Try it and see if you like it, too. (yummmmm)

Pasta Milano
1/2 stick butter (optional)
4 bonless skinless chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced (optional)
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, finely grated
16 oz. roasted garlic cream sauce (recipe follows)
1 pound bowtie pasta

Cook the pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, if you desire mushrooms, melt butter over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and saute for about 30 seconds. Add the roasted garlic cream sauce and Parmesan; heat thoroughly. Remove pasta from water and drain. Add pasta to the saute pan and mix well. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese.

Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce:
1 pint heavy cream
Dash garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

In a large saucepan, combine cream, garlic powder, & black pepper.Bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes. Add salt and Parmesan to mixture, stir until sauce has thickened.

Hint: grill chicken stovetop seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh lemon juice

2 comments:

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

It sounds wonderful, but you forgot to take the calories out..LOL!
It was good to see that you had posted on my blog. What is you link address so I can put it on my site.
Thanks and love to you and yours.
Your family is beautiful

Tracie Smith said...

My site address is http://tsmithconroe.blogspot.com/
my personal email address is traciesmith@conroeupc.org If you don't mind email me your phone number. I really would like to schedule you to come to Conroe to speak to our ladies. Kent mentioned he would like to have both you and Bro. Guidroz. We love and appreciate you.