Thursday, June 11, 2009

Texas District Campmeeting

It's Thursday and we've really enjoyed an awesome campmeeting! Bro. Davis from Georgia and Bro. Kinsie from Florida have done outstanding. Normally I don't enjoy the Bible teacher as much as I have enjoyed Bro. Davis. Most years the Bible teacher takes a llllllooooooong time to get going then out does himself in theology. I get lost probably due to my boredom. This year, however, I have loved every minute of Bro. Davis. Of course, Bro. Kinsie is always good and holds my attention.

We've enjoyed seeing lots of friends that we only see at district events. We've enjoyed meals with Chris & Misti Ferguson, Trent & Calah, Grammy & Popsie, Mamaw & Papaw, Gene & Carla Holley, and Mark & Diane Green. The eating is not the fun but the time spent with friends and family is BEST. We have four more opportunities! Tonight is the Minister's & Wives Appreciation Dinner. Some years we attend. Some years we opt to spend time with friends. Of course if we go we'll see lots of friends, too.

Today Darren & Ginger Gilbert will be ordained. Wow, this makes me feel really old! I remember Darren being a crusader camper. Then I remember him going to crusader camp with his parents and all the younger girls going CrAZy over him! Now he is on the TX Dist Youth Committee. We talked about *skipping* out on this service but when we realized Darren's being ordained we decided to attend. Trent and Calah are friends with Darren and Ginger. We share lots of awesome camp memories!!! Kay and David Gilbert are surely proud today. Bro. Gilbert will be giving the charge, I believe, to all the ordination candidates. What an honor for Darren!

I do have my camera but I haven't taken a single pic! Hopefully, Sis. Elms is getting some pics and will create a slideshow. I haven't seen her camera go snappy snap either! Maybe I will get some today and tomorrow. Sometimes you just get so busy having fun that you can't stop to take the picture!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do wish we were there, but maybe next year. Haley, my oldest daughter, is there. She has been working all week with Bro. Anderson's church (Mt. Vernon) in the children's service. This is her first year at the Texas Campgrounds (the last several years we were in S. TX). She is having a blast and making many new friends & memories that will last a lifetime. Hopefully next year we can all go!! Have a blessed week!