Sunday, November 1, 2009

Instant is not the Same

Tonight we will be honoring the Servant of the Year nominated by our church members. Additionally we will honor those persons who receive 2nd and 3rd place. Our entire congregation is asked to nominate one person who goes above and beyond the 'call of duty', job description in our local church. This really has my thoughts turning. If we endeavor to recognize those who go above and beyond, I to want to go above and beyond what is expected of me.


We are living in a world that thrives on 'instant' things. Somethings just should not be 'instant'! I'm thankful for those who realize some things require WORK and EFFORT. The more we put into something the more we get out of it.....

I don't like instant potatoes. I can always tell when they are 'seasoned'. While the 'seasoned' instant potatoes taste better than those made simply by the package direction they still do not taste the same. They are lacking in flavor and the texture (feeling) is not the same.

What do people think when things in my area of responsibility are treated as instant and not real? Sure my areas of responsibility can be carried out and even at times reap successful rewards in an instant but I KNOW the difference when they are prayerfully carried out with love, devotion, and dedication. The rewards are very different when I do not live with an 'instant' mentality.

Instant really is not the same as the real....

3 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

I'm for the real...although I certainly partake in an "instant" world. Guess that why I partake of the "blog" and "Facebook" worlds. However, I am thankful that Jesus is not an instant commodity in my life - He is Genuine and ever present. BTW: I think it is commendable to give honor to those whose dedication warrants.

Mary Frances said...

I like this post!!! BTW- I hate instant mashed potatoes too!!! :)

iluv2prshim said...

Bleck!!! Do not like instant mashed potatoes.